  • Re: Your Personal Experience with the Broken Window Fallacy

    [QUOTE]How have you personally experienced the negative effects or at least witnessed the negative effects of the Broken Window Fallacy?[/QUOTE] Only in as much as it raises my stress levels every time I hear some schmuck praise the economic stimulus effect of destruction.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by xahrx on Thu, Oct 25 2012
  • Re: Subjective Value Theory

    " However, at any given point in time, Austrians can claim to make a ordinal (not cardinal) ranking of preferences. I can understand how, given objects A, B, and C we can determine that, say, the most preferred good is, say, C; because this would be exhibited by the individual's action. However, this individual's ordinal ranking could proceed
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by xahrx on Fri, Oct 19 2012
  • Re: My friend disagrees with "natural rights" and anarchy...

    Another question to ask is why then to do people under certain circumstances react to another's perfect ability to control a resource as unjust? At root then, isn't he just avoiding an argument about the right and wrong, or acceptable vs unacceptable means of controlling resources?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by xahrx on Fri, Oct 12 2012
  • Re: My friend disagrees with "natural rights" and anarchy...

    I think there is a surface legitimacy to it because if you define property in some way that gives you a 'right' to use what ancaps would consider someone else's property, then the system breaks down. However in that case it comes down to whether or not either side can justify its definition of property. Nor does ancapism necessarily require
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by xahrx on Fri, Oct 12 2012
  • The Invisible War

    Anyone seen this film yet? I'ts about rapes of fellow female soldier in the US military. I've had several of my liberal friends recommend it to me and it's pissing me off. One reason, and this is something I've noticed recently, is because while my more conservative friends know I'm not a Republican or even a conservative, liberals
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by xahrx on Tue, Oct 9 2012
  • Re: Life insurance and pre-existing conditions

    If you're guaranteed a win then it's really just a form of income I would say. And if you're right about the interest then maybe it's merely a fancy way to defer income until your family needs it to plant you.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by xahrx on Tue, Oct 9 2012
  • Re: Life insurance and pre-existing conditions

    Sure, once you realize that what's being insured isn't really your life but your family's well being should you croak at an inopportune time for reasons covered. Like all insurance then there will be winners and losers.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by xahrx on Mon, Oct 8 2012
  • Re: UHC is better than American Healthcare.

    " For another, I have no idea what you (or the NYT blog) mean by "cost"." Probably per capita spending. Of course it never occurs to these dolts that a country with no health care system at all will have lower per capita spending on health care than any other country on the planet. Must be a great system too if it costs them next
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by xahrx on Fri, Oct 5 2012
  • Re: Prove how private healthcare is better than UHC.

    Show me a free market health care system and you'll get your facts. There isn't one in existence today. If you want comparrisons between the US and Canadian systems perhaps you might want to pull your head out of your ass long enough to realize the US isn't a free market system.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by xahrx on Fri, Oct 5 2012
  • Re: A couple of games to play.

    Depends on the pot, really. If it's really nice, I could see how James would shoot someone over it.
    Posted to General (Forum) by xahrx on Fri, Oct 5 2012
Page 3 of 87 (868 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options