  • Re: Voting anarchist dilemma

    [quote user="Rich333"]Reform reinforces faith in the system. The "if only we get the 'right people' in government, it can work" syndrome[/quote] Agreed. This mentality is counterproductive. People are flawed. Systems and ideas, however, stand the test of time. That is why I like what www.downsizedc.org is doing. They are
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Sat, Apr 5 2008
  • Re: Voting anarchist dilemma

    [quote user="Brainpolice"]the voter is participating in or aquiescing to such immorality.[/quote] Forcing an individual to accept a system of voting is immoral and violates individual sovereignty. However, the very system that one is subjected to might on occasion be a mechanism for self-defense i.e. you could vote to weaken the state or pass
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Fri, Apr 4 2008
  • Re: Voting anarchist dilemma

    [quote user="JAlanKatz"]what's more, it's a government that people are more likely to accept.[/quote] This is an interesting argument. On one hand, we are talking about using the systems put in place by the state to weaken the state. On the other hand, upon encountering a weaker government individuals may be lulled into a local optima
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Tue, Apr 1 2008
  • Re: Voting anarchist dilemma

    [quote user="Physiocrat"]I have come across many anarchists will argue that voting= consent till they're blue in the face- Mr Francois Trembley comes to mind. [/quote] You apparently have never watched his YouTube video about why he decided to vote for Ron Paul.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Sat, Mar 29 2008
  • Re: Mike Gravel

    [quote user="scineram"] What makes Penn and Teller social democrats? I am unfamiliar with them.[/quote] Penn and Teller are "not" social democrats. They have a documentary show called "Bullshit" that is very entertaining and tends to support a non-coersive philosophy. Just type "Bullshit" into Youtube and you
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Sat, Mar 29 2008
  • Re: Private National Defense

    I believe Len is right here, in that, Hugo Chavez is concerned that the US will do to Venezuela what they did to Iraq i.e. claim the country is filled with terrorists and WMDs, then invade and steal the oil. You are only as free as the most powerful person or entity allows you to be. If some powerful nation is ruled by tyrannts, then you had better
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Wed, Mar 12 2008
  • Re: Anarchist Party?

    The strategy should be multi-pronged. No one action or tactic will topple the concrete and granite with which government surrounds itself. Everyday people need to be educated about freedom and responsibility. Our ideas must become mainstream. Powerful political parties need to contain people like us (people who would to use the power of government to
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Fri, Mar 7 2008
  • Re: Ideas for the Promotion of, and Expansion into, a Frontier

    [quote user="MacFall"]Possibly, but would it be worth it to them?[/quote] Actually a large number of countries contain businesses that harvest fish, krill, whales, seals, and penguins for food. Some of the hunting is illegal based on international treaties. The countries constantly bicker back and forth about fish grounds. Lots of countries
    Posted to General (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Wed, Mar 5 2008
  • Re: Religious anarchists; please explain

    [quote user="Carl"]Crimes are immorals acts.[/quote] In my county, I would be guilty of a crime if I had in my possession a snake longer than 6 feet in length. Could you explain to me why the crime of owning a snake greater than 6 feet long is an immoral act? [quote user="Carl"] quit advocating anarchy [/quote] My impression is that
    Posted to General (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Tue, Mar 4 2008
  • Re: Religious anarchists; please explain

    [quote user="Carl"] Henry Hazlitt would tell you to your face that economic freedom can not exist without good laws. [/quote] Good laws/rules/policies can exist without government. Walmart has a really good return policy. Is that because the government pointed a gun at them and said you must have a good return policy? [quote user="Carl"
    Posted to General (Forum) by GoRonPaul on Tue, Feb 19 2008
Page 1 of 4 (31 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | More Search Options