  • Re: Eureka! Calculation problem solved!

    The problem with your theory is that people will be elected to placed in charge of businesses. However, the question is by whom. The problem of knowledge in society developed by Hayek already put a squash on governmental interference due to the fact that it is impossible for a centralized board to know what is required in the economy since only the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Michael on Sun, Jul 18 2010
  • Re: "What about the poor"

    Another good rag to riches is book is "Up from Slavery" by Booker T. Washington. Not only did a guy who just got out of slavery make it up in the world to start a school, but it really does show that rich people are very willing to help the poor despite the hatred against them. It also shows why child labor really isn't evil, that racism
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michael on Sat, Jul 17 2010
  • Re: "What about the poor"

    [quote user="Fephisto"] See my sig? The line about the poor? That might be a fruitful approach. But you'll have to become a level 9 anarchocapitalist wizard to spout all the arguments. [/quote] Level 9 anarcho capitalist wizard?... XD that's so dorky, Awesome lol
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michael on Fri, Jul 16 2010
  • Re: "What about the poor"

    For me, I find emotional argumentaton pointless so when the personal attacks start flying I am just like "whatever". I find that debate should be an educational exchange between two people. Once it start looking like its being dragged down into the gutter, its not a good idea to continue. Once someone is that persistant in being right, it
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michael on Thu, Jul 15 2010
  • Re: Real world emprical test of Keynes vs Hayek?

    Also, inflation and deflation need to be defined. To AE, inflation means an increase the general money supply, not an increase in prices. How does your friend define inflation out of curiosity?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Michael on Wed, Jul 14 2010
  • Re: Ayn Rand Institute

    I am oppossed the Ayn Rand Institute on the grounds that I don't wish to follow a belief system that is not in accordance with my Christian values. The reason I prefer AE is that I am not forced to choose a metaphysical doctrine.Objectivists on the other hand despise any form of spiritualism (or mystisism as Rand likes to call it). Now of course
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michael on Mon, Jul 12 2010
  • Re: How to Quote a post in a reply on the Mises Forums

    [quote user="liberty student"] I have made a post here explaining how to get some of this functionality back. http://notreason.com/mises-community-quote-workaround/ Let me know if pictures would be helpful. If you have any questions, ask here. Big thanks to Nir for helping make this happen. PS, I would appreciate if people would bump this
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by Michael on Mon, Jul 12 2010
  • Re: Chinese Airport Closed After UFO Spotted

    Wierd O_O
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Michael on Sat, Jul 10 2010
  • Re: Anarchy Defined

    Anarchy to me is the rule of law based upon the framework of mutual contract (or trust) and the concept of social norms which govern society. Basically, anarchy (if it is to exist) must have its bearing in the culture of the society. The laws that would exist would be cutomary law based upon the voluntary submission to these rules and norms by the individuals
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Michael on Sat, Jul 10 2010
  • Re: 101 Reasons You Might be a Keynesian if....

    I like the debit joke. also number 16 was good too. Welcome to the forums :D
    Posted to General (Forum) by Michael on Fri, Jul 9 2010
Page 3 of 7 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options