  • Re: Confused by macroecon

    This website is an excellent source for information on Austrian economics, but it can be overwhelming to newcomers. I recommend you read Viception . Out of every libertarian book I know, I recommend that one the most. It covers much economic material, does not reach into the thousands of pages, and does not require using a web search engine to understand
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gero on Mon, Jul 26 2010
  • Re: Global Warming Skepticism

    Viception : “The best argument for countering climate change is to stop cataclysmic effects on humanity, but the chances of cataclysmic effects are small. Some people believe taking those chances is too risky. To significantly affect global warming would require fossil fuel reduction resulting in higher energy costs. Alternative energies like
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Gero on Sun, Jul 25 2010
  • Re: Mises-Worthy Column on Big Government?

    You could submit it to Mises Daily : This venue features shorter articles (700-3000 words) that employ Austrian theory and practice to illuminate current or historical events. These articles, which reach 40,000 people every day, require clarity of thought and exposition. They are permanently archived and eventually reach hundreds of thousands. The more
    Posted to General (Forum) by Gero on Sun, Jul 25 2010
  • Re: Who here feels vindicated?

    The Huffington Post article you posted based its claim on the “progressive Center for Economic and Policy Research ” which I consider a poor source for economic analysis since progressives misunderstand the economy. Even if unemployment fell to zero tomorrow due to government programs, that would not end the recession. Viception : Government
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gero on Sun, Jul 25 2010
  • Re: To Steal, the Victim Must Be Missing the Stolen Property, No?

    Mises.org editor Jeffrey Tucker had a good blog post on intellectual property July 19, 2010: I hesitate to link this essay of L. Neil Smith because, if it influences you without his consent, you are guilty of stealing from him. Maybe you think that you have his implicit consent because he has posted it online. He doesn’t see it that way. “There
    Posted to General (Forum) by Gero on Sun, Jul 25 2010
  • Re: Economic History

    This website has sections on Economic History , The History of Economic Thought , and Overview of the Austrian School of Economics .
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gero on Sun, Jul 25 2010
  • Re: Permanent Keynesian Refutation Thread

    I do not see any Portable Document Format on the website.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Gero on Sun, Jul 25 2010
  • Re: The Long Depression

    Viception : “Prior to the Federal Reserve System, the business cycle occurred in U.S. history due to low interest rates and money supply expansion by state banks as in the Panic of 1819. The state banks paper money expansion was not tied to their gold holdings. The boom-bust process occurred again in the Panic of 1857. This process was not a mystery
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gero on Sun, Jul 25 2010
  • Re: Austrian responses to Sraffa

    I was surprised to learn Piero Sraffa is not mentioned on LewRockwell.com, but was mentioned on mises.org. Economist Robert P. Murphy criticized Piero Sraffa.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gero on Sun, Jul 25 2010
  • Re: Would You Support Ron Paul in 2012?

    “would you support his candidacy?” Yes. Movement toward liberty is better than no movement toward liberty. “You don't support voting or government on principle and by participating, you are giving the system legitimacy.” When a libertarian seeks to greatly reduce government, I view a vote for that libertarian as a vote for
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Gero on Sun, Jul 25 2010
Page 64 of 66 (657 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 Next > | More Search Options