  • Re: What SHOULD an intro economics class teach (secondary level)?

    Economics in One Lesson and the Concise Guide to Economics are two free resources you can use. Stossel , a weekly libertarian talk show, hosted by John Stossel, has covered many issues. Most of its episodes are fully available on Hulu which you can use. Viception covered many economic issues. It covered prostitution and illegal drugs in its 3 rd chapter
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gero on Fri, Jul 23 2010
  • Re: The two "Interventionism"'s by LvM

    Interventionism: An Economic Analysis : Shortly after arriving in the United States, having fled a war-torn Europe, Ludwig von Mises sat down to complete his trilogy on economic systems. The result was this remarkably concise treatise, which tragically was not published until 1998. What Mises had foreseen was a world trapped between fully planned economies
    Posted to General (Forum) by Gero on Fri, Jul 23 2010
  • Re: How Is Inflation Defined?

    Ludwig von Mises said , “What people today call inflation is not inflation, i.e., the increase in the quantity of money and money substitutes, but the general rise in commodity prices and wage rates which is the inevitable consequence of inflation.” Viception , a book I finished reading recently, explained inflation: Inflation, money supply
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gero on Fri, Jul 23 2010
  • Re: NAFTA Pros and Cons

    Brian, why is your avatar serial killer Ted Bundy’s mugshot ? Economist Robert P. Murphy addressed NAFTA: First, NAFTA is not a free trade agreement, just as the PATRIOT Act was not about patriotism and the Social Security Act was neither social nor secure. The NAFTA is over 1,000 pages , detailing all sorts of environmental and labor regulations
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Gero on Thu, Jul 22 2010
  • Re: Sheriff Babeu in Danger

    Viception : “Alcohol prohibition in the United States (1913-1933) was violent not because making, transporting, and selling alcohol was inherently dangerous, but because disputes could not be resolved in court and the police could not be relied on for protection. Government attempts to lower the alcohol supply made alcohol more expensive, an incentive
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Gero on Wed, Jul 21 2010
  • Re: Fiction book dedicated to liberty and Austrian Economics: Viception.

    I was wondering if this book was mentioned on this website. A friend told me to read this book. I liked it. Here is my review of it: I have read Economics in One Lesson , the Concise Guide to Economics , The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism , Meltdown , and other pro-capitalist literature. I learned more about economics from Viception than
    Posted to General (Forum) by Gero on Mon, Jul 19 2010
  • Re: anarcho capitalism

    Anarcho-capitalism is not utopian. Problems like crime, instability, disease, death, ignorance, and etcetera would still exist. Anarcho-capitalism removes the biggest killer in human history from society: government. Communism was a foreseeable catastrophe. It was economically flawed. I could continue, but why restate what has been better said by others
    Posted to General (Forum) by Gero on Mon, Jul 19 2010
Page 66 of 66 (657 items) « First ... < Previous 62 63 64 65 66 | More Search Options