  • Muslim Brotherhood and libertarian response

    One popular opinion appears to be that Muslims dislike the U.S. because it supports Israel and meddles in foreign affairs. I accept this answer only partially and I think that Muslims hate the U.S. for religious reasons as well. According to the Washington Post, here is an excerpt from the Brotherhood's mission statement," “ The Ikhwan
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Prime on Tue, Feb 1 2011
  • Re: Civil disobedience

    Just start running red traffic lights (safely, of course). That always makes me feel better.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prime on Sat, Jan 29 2011
  • Re: Rothbard on Schiff

    Doesn't it matter what you are using the debt for? It doesn't seem to me that that reason is to build "factories" and increase productivity. Instead, it is to consume. And also, it isn't foreign investors plugging the trillion + dollar deficit, now it's the Fed.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Prime on Wed, Jan 12 2011
  • Re: Was fraud commited in the subprime crisis?

    So did Fannie/Freddie make these mortgages directly, or did they buy them in a secondary market? If it's the latter, then the original lending institutions didn't really care if they were going to get paid back.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Prime on Thu, Jan 6 2011
  • Re: Jesus and the Moneychangers

    Here is a short sermon I came across some time ago that may be of some assistance here. It basically says that it depends on the situation; you shouldn't loan money at interest to a poor man, or a brother, who is desparate. However, then there is this, "Deuteronomy 23:19: “Thou shalt not lend upon interest to thy brother interest of money
    Posted to History (Forum) by Prime on Fri, Dec 17 2010
  • Re: The U.S. is the Most Overworked Developed Nation in the World – When do we Draw the Line?

    Why don't you work as much or as little as you choose, and allow me to do the same? Thanks.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Prime on Thu, Oct 14 2010
  • Re: Cuban healthcare

    A local church just went on a missions trip to Cuba and donated over $1 million dollars of equipment to Cuban hospitals. When was the last time a missions trip was needed to privde that kind of equipment to a developed healthcare system?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Prime on Tue, Jul 13 2010
  • Re: Anyone play Poker or Chess?

    @ Daniel I've read several books but I think the most highly recommended, and I would agree, is Theory of Poker by David Sklansky.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prime on Mon, Jul 5 2010
  • Re: Is there a libertarian solution to domestic abuse?

    Another option would be for the general public to treat the abuser as an outcast. For example, the restaurant owner could refuse to serve him food, the retail owner refuse to sell him goods, etc... I have read about how this method would be one way to deal with, say, the town racist. I would assume it would also apply to the man who abuses his family
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Prime on Thu, Jul 1 2010
  • Re: Iran

    I can't think of any time that sanctions have actually accomplished the stated goal. Feel free to correct me, but Cuba, North Korea, and Iran all come to mind, and we still have Castro, KJI, and Ahmedenijad still in power. I will say, though, that if I personally lived in Israel I would be arming myself to the teeth. As such, if Israel does strike
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Prime on Wed, Jun 30 2010
Page 25 of 26 (257 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > | More Search Options