  • Re: Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

    Like E.R. said, the unbiased information is making it very difficult for anyone to make an informed decision. For example, some news agency recently released some photos of the flotilla in which they cropped a knife out of one of the activists hand. It's stuff like this that makes you question most of the information. I will say, and again this
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Prime on Wed, Jun 30 2010
  • Re: Leading Economist Shatters Myth That Public Health Care is 'Unsustainable'

    As a trained pharmacist let me explain how we control Medicare prescription costs (Medicare Part D) in the United States. It's known as the "Donut Hole," you may have heard of it. It boils down to this--a patient gets prescription drug coverage up to a set dollar amount, somewhere around $2500 last time I checked. Then, once they reach
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Prime on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Re: Leading Economist Shatters Myth That Public Health Care is 'Unsustainable'

    "Since 1975, Medicare spending – hospitals and doctors' services – has remained remarkably stable at between 4% and 5% of our Gross Domestic Product," said Dr. Evans. "The key cost drivers in health care are the private, for-profit parts – pharmaceuticals, for-profit diagnostic tests, dental and other non-insured
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Prime on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Anyone play Poker or Chess?

    A few years ago when the poker craze took off I started studying the game and I feel like it has definately enhanced my critical thinking and logical arguments. I am amazed at the analytical skills the professional players possess; I think most people would be suprised at what goes on during a single hand. Has anyone else studied the game? If so, do
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prime on Sun, Jun 27 2010
  • Dismantle This Argument

    "If a man borrowed 100 coins he would have to repay 110 coins (at 10% interest) at the end of the year. Where did the extra 10 coins come from? If the borrower was able to produce 10% more, the coins were minted to reflect the production and the lender received the extra production. If the borrower did not increase production, the coins were still
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prime on Sat, Jun 26 2010
  • Is Block wrong about speculators?

    In Defending the Undefendable, Block states "The oft-quoted objection remains that the speculator causes food prices to rise. If his activity is carefully studied, however, it will be seen that the total effect is rather the stabilization of prices." He explains how in times of plenty the speculator buys and stores food, which increases prices
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Prime on Thu, Jun 24 2010
  • Re: over the counter antibiotics

    Hello Mises community. I am a pharmacist and have been considering this topic recently. Can anyone provide any information on how the free market would regulate this type of scenario? Thanks.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Prime on Mon, Jun 21 2010
Page 26 of 26 (257 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 | More Search Options