  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"] This is not a poke at a point, but the making of noise so as to drown out the speaker [/quote] Stay on-topic, please, and try to avoid personal comments. [quote user="Arman"]Genesis 4[/quote] Aside from the Bible, does there exist any reconstruction of early human history that skips hunter-gatherer societies
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Sun, Feb 17 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"] [quote user="Xevec"]You suggested minimum prices for farmers.[/quote]In order to ensure excess production![[/quote] But how much excess is too much? Would you rather that the entire economy were dedicated to farming, using capital equipment and consumer money that would be otherwise used on other industries,
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Fri, Feb 15 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"]So says the junk mail you get. So says all the resources that go into pushing resources towards consumption. There is no scarcity.[/quote] If there were no scarcity, I would be seriously surprised that I get so little junk mail. If people need to push resources towards consumption, they'll logically increase the demand
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Thu, Feb 7 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"]Talking about facebook 'videos' illustrates your point. It is a huge chat room where students are loosely lumped together by institution, interest, etc. I seriously doubt that there is a secondary or post secondary educational institution not represented. How can you in good conscience slam what I do without a clue
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Thu, Feb 7 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"]By your faith alone.[/quote] Just as, by your faith alone, you can eliminate scarcity, redefine the role of business to something nobody here's ever seen and deduce "correct" conclusions from erroneous data.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Thu, Feb 7 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"]I used to think that there would be some extremely short termed displacement, but when so 4 or 5 states put in a 33% hike last January, I looked for some displaced to get information on how long the transition pains might be. I could not find anyone on facebook that could tell me of their personal layoff. The only short
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Thu, Feb 7 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"]Its not even about preventing export, but by blanket tariff on imported grains, or even all imported food, you put a protection over the local agribusiness, allowing expansion, especially into storage facilities. You should expect other countries to follow suit, and that's good. Prosperity tends to breed peace.[/quote
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Wed, Feb 6 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"] When farmers have a bad crop year, the price of their crop should go up in their region, and so their profit should be somewhat close to even. With the prevalence of international trade, every region's price remains as if it had a bumper crop, while its production falls way off, leaving local farm business in peril
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Wed, Feb 6 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"] The international trade in basic food puts our well being at the mercy of foreign governments and foreign traders. No other industry matters. International trade in food should be very soundly discouraged. Excess food is better stockpiled than shipped abroad, putting ourselves at risk and ruining the potential profits
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Wed, Feb 6 2008
  • Re: The minimum wage

    [quote user="Arman"] Nathan, you have shown yourself oblivious to any understanding that I try to convey to you. Even when I have convinced you of a point or two, you act like you haven't learned anything. I have told you repeatedly that you are very difficult to get focused. In order to convey any understanding, some focus is needed.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by greendinjin on Wed, Feb 6 2008
Page 1 of 4 (34 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | More Search Options