  • Re: General McChrystal

    Oh, amazing! Thank you for the link!
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Tue, Jun 22 2010
  • Re: General McChrystal

    No, it's not out yet. The e-mail I received from The Washington Post said it hits newsstands on Friday, so I'm really excited to read it.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Tue, Jun 22 2010
  • Re: Defence in anarchy

    I truthfully don't know if a strong defense from other nations would be possible with an anarchical society. If there was true anarchy and other nations didn't view us as a unified front, I feel like they would be much more likely to try to take us over. If other nations were to drop bombs (or something of the sort) on an anarchical society
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Tue, Jun 22 2010
  • Re: Should the insanity defense be abolished?

    It really depends on how the victims' loved ones feel, I think. A judge, no matter whether the criminal is sane or crazy, should always sentence a person based on two things: (1) the probability that the criminal will hurt another person in the future, and (2) justice. The former should be decided by the jury and the judge with no preconceptions
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Tue, Jun 22 2010
  • General McChrystal

    Do you guys think it was a good idea for General McChrystal to speak out against the Obama Administration in the fashion he did? Clearly he's a four-star general and is an intelligent man, but I was just wondering how people feel about him speaking to Rolling Stone instead of resigning and then talking out against the policies and actions President
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Tue, Jun 22 2010
  • Re: Term Limits

    I understand where you're coming from about candidates becoming less accountable when there are term limits, but I feel like there's more danger to come of the situation than if we had no term limits at all. When you think about how President Franklin D. Roosevelt was in power in our country for nearly as long as Hitler was in power in Germany
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Mon, Jun 21 2010
  • Re: Free download of my libertarian book, Withur We!

    Congratulations, man! I'm trying to get one of my books published right now, so I can understand how difficult of a process it is. That's quite an achievement. I can't wait to read it one day!
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Mon, Jun 21 2010
  • Re: LaVeyan Satanism

    Yeah, I found it surprising when I read that he died in a Catholic hospital. I personally like Peter H. Gilmore more than Anton LaVey simply because Gilmore always seems very down-to-earth. LaVey almost seemed very 'commercial' when he was alive, but I guess he had to be in order to start the Church of Satan in the first place.
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Mon, Jun 21 2010
  • Re: What should I say . Me vs anti- advertising leftist type.

    You need to remind him that wealth is not a very dangerous desire. People work hard so they can make money, and when a society is forcibly given equal pay, everyone will do the least amount of work possibly in order to get by. When everyone is worth the same amount of money, the only way to 'get ahead' - since greed will indeed still exist
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Mon, Jun 21 2010
  • LaVeyan Satanism

    I was wondering if anyone has read Anton LaVey's "The Satanic Bible". For all of you who don't know, LaVeyan Satanism is an atheistic 'religion'. It's more of a set of ideals, but you know. I finished his book sometime last year, and I have to say I agreed with a lot of what he talked about. There was a lot of talk about
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Mon, Jun 21 2010
Page 141 of 141 (1410 items) « First ... < Previous 137 138 139 140 141 | More Search Options