  • Microcosm Economy

    If the United States had absolutely no imports/export and no immigration/emigration, would minimum wage laws affect the economy since there aren't any other possible places to compete? Or would it be that certain tasks/jobs just wouldn't get completed?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Tue, Mar 15 2011
  • Re: Lincoln Killed the United States

    There are times when he said that he disapproved of it, and then others when, like you said, he supported it as constitutional. The main reason I purposefully inserted that sentence, though, was because I knew who my audience would be. I didn't want it to get into a discussion of whether Lincoln supported slavery on a personal level but I preferred
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: Lincoln Killed the United States

    I was just talking to this guy who hated my Lincoln article and he was just like, "I showed people. They laughed. It was an amusing article, but it was wrong." I asked why. He said, "If they would have raised the tariffs on the South, we would have gone into a depression." I told him that I wanted them to take down the tariffs completely
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Re: *** February 2011 low content thread ***

    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Mon, Feb 28 2011
  • Abraham Lincoln Video

    I made this last night when I was bored. Enjoy!
    Posted to General (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sun, Feb 27 2011
  • Re: Get a hold of this debate???

    [quote] What you are telling is like "if the State invest 1000$, that doesn't means I will have to pay this 1000$ elsewhere". We all know this 1000$ will be taken from somebody somewhere... [/quote] [quote] You should really go back to school and learn finance. [/quote] You should really go back to school to learn logic. Don't try
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sun, Feb 27 2011
  • Re: Get a hold of this debate???

    Remind them that someone having a bigger salary than someone else isn't decreasing the other person's salary. Pretend I'm worth $10. Whether Bill Gates is also worth $10 or $100, it doesn't change my worth. I'd also give Economics in One Lesson a quick fly-through because I'm sure they'll use minimum wage arguments and shit
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sun, Feb 27 2011
  • Re: Healthcare for profit?

    There's no such thing as non-for-profit except for things that are unsustainable by nature (i.e. government-run healthcare). People will say the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is not-for-profit because they donate a ton of money to help mosquitos and all that stuff in Africa. But somehow taking the money you earn and putting it into your business
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sat, Feb 26 2011
  • Why didn't the US need to get involved in WWII?

    There are a few similar threads in the past, but I'm still trying to learn. I recall FDR telling Britain that he wouldn't give them any more foreign aid without having them secure Poland's independence, and that led them to declare war on Germany. And then I recall hearing that FDR purposefully intensified and created conflicts in Europe
    Posted to History (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Sat, Feb 26 2011
  • Re: Libel and Fraud vs. IP

    Tex2002ans, thank you for all of the links. I'll be sure to look at all of them tomorrow when I have time!
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BrianAnderson on Fri, Feb 25 2011
Page 3 of 141 (1410 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options