  • Re: The likelyhood of a staged coup in North Korea

    The first North Korean dude to drive down the street with a SUV full of people having fun all texting on their cell phones will instantly destroy even the best brainwashing. And wait until comercials show up on bill boards and like about buying cell phones and bikinis, that will completely topple the existing social structure. Besides, the USA and its
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bogart on Tue, Apr 16 2013
  • Re: The likelyhood of a staged coup in North Korea

    Sure, most people residing in the USA would benefit from open trade with Cuba, the small group of people in the military-intelligence-security business and those in the tobacco, citrus and sugar businesses would be hurt with by the competition.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bogart on Tue, Apr 16 2013
  • Re: The likelyhood of a staged coup in North Korea

    As long as the embargo exists against North Korea the ruling party can always blame the USA and its puppet South Korea for the ills in North Korea. Remove the embargo and you remove this blame. Remove the embargo and entrepreneurs will eventually gain a foothold in the country. The list of formerly totalitarian countries that now are almost as "economically"
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bogart on Tue, Apr 16 2013
  • Re: Professional Military

    a. A mercenary force is the cheaper alternative in both peacetime and wartime. In peacetime this like other financial decisions is a matter of time preference. If you are only concerned about a military right now and the hell with the costs then a conscripted force would be your best alternative. But in the longer term it is decidedly worse as the government
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bogart on Mon, Apr 15 2013
  • Re: Mike Adams: NWO Caused this Crash and Will Destroy Bitcoin in the Future

    I doubt it, to me it looks like a combination of good old profit taking and the panic in Cyprus is wearing off. The price went to over $180 and a lot of those folks got in at prices below 90. At that point it makes a whole lot of sense to convert half the money back into USD or whatever currency. And also in a rapid rise like this you drop buyers who
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bogart on Thu, Apr 11 2013
  • Re: Bitcoin Is Tanking, right now!!

    I guess it was a bubble. Maybe the people in Cyprus are not going to lose that much of their money after all.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bogart on Wed, Apr 10 2013
  • Re: Ben Swann leaving Fox19: Tell him what he should do next....

    I live in the Cincinnati area and have lived in the City of Cincinnati and I have no idea who you are talking about. I just saw Fox 19 and checked into the issue to see if it was about Cincinnat or Northern Kentucky.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Bogart on Wed, Apr 10 2013
  • Re: Specific points in Greek Crisis

    A. Wealthy people generate wealth through trades of their own private property. Entrepreneurs in a free society will build new products and services to entice free people to use their products and services in these trades to make a profit. This process creates wealth. A society depending on increasing govenrment force to take from the aforementioned
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bogart on Tue, Apr 9 2013
  • Re: Prosperity Factors

    Wealth and prosperity are the product of free interactions. Production is necessary as it is the starting point that gives people something upon which to perform their interactions. For example I can trade you an apple for $1 and then use that dollar to purchase a bottle of water. In both of these cases I am better off as I want the dollar more than
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bogart on Tue, Apr 9 2013
  • Re: Why libertarians should reject the NAP

    And the Libertarian response to the worst argument of the author in item 2: Prohibits Small Harms for Large Benefits. This is the "To make an omlet you have to break some eggs" argument. So as long as you aren't the egg you are sitting pretty. Of course the small harms normally pile up to become rather large harms. And look who determines
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bogart on Mon, Apr 8 2013
Page 3 of 169 (1681 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options