  • Re: Help coming up with a name for my game....

    How about Zero Barriers? This is one of the characteristics of Perfect Competition. Perfect Competition being the oposite of Monopoly which is the name of another, very famous, board game. You see where I am going with this?
    Posted to General (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Fri, Nov 6 2009
  • Re: Missouri law enforcement thinks we are terrorists

    [quote user="tacoface"] The world revolves around the sun, not America. [/quote]True, but this is an example of a tactic that could be used to threaten the liberty of people wherever you live as well. I don't live in Missouri either.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Tue, Mar 17 2009
  • Missouri law enforcement thinks we are terrorists

    Missouri law enforcement thinks we are terrorists Via KansasCity.com: This is a quote from the article: [quote user="Tim Neal, a military veteran "] I was going down the list and thinking, 'Check, that's me,'" he said. "I'm a Ron Paul supporter, check. I talk about the North American union, check. I've got the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Tue, Mar 17 2009
  • Re: Why the FSF sucks

    As I understand those restrictions are more defensive than anything else. They have two kinds of licenses. The GPL and the LGPL. The easiest way to think of this is to compare it to Creative Commons licenses. The GPL is like the "ShareAlike" license and the LGPL is like the "Attribution" license. I think they are sometimes too "puritanical"
    Posted to General (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Sat, Feb 7 2009
  • Re: The Government you Deserve?

    [quote user="liege"] How do you guys feel about the statement, "You get the government you deserve?". I've felt this way for awhile, at least to some extent. After finishing The Real Lincoln by DiLorenzo, I was pretty much convinced. The institutions of our society are a direct result of human action in the past. If you view
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Fri, Feb 6 2009
  • Obama is upset the serfs are learning economics

    Via Breitbart: Obama said ""You've got some economists and some folks who think they're economists. By the way, these days everybody thinks they're economists," he joked. " Translation: If you disagree with me you are not a real economist.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Fri, Feb 6 2009
  • Re: The Vamire Economy

    [quote user="liberty student"] Please update us whenever you make a new post. [/quote] Will do :)
    Posted to General (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Tue, Feb 3 2009
  • The Vamire Economy

    I started my posting about The Vampire Economy on my new blog . Thanks to Jefferey Tucker for his generous offer. Just in the preface I found striking similarities between the begining of the NAZI regime and our current situation in the United States.
    Posted to General (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Tue, Feb 3 2009
  • Irony in Russia: now it is the Commies being beaten up

    Another news story from Russia. This one with historical irony. Via MailOnline (UK): "The marches, complete with Soviet-style red flags and banners, pose a challenge to a government which has faced little threat from the fragmented opposition and politically apathetic population during the boom years fuelled by oil." The guy in the picture
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Sun, Feb 1 2009
  • A Martyr for Freedom of the Press

    Via BreitBert : "MOSCOW (AP) - The dead loom over the morning editorial meeting at Russia's leading investigative newspaper. Novaya Gazeta's staff is trying to plan the next issue and editor-in-chief Dmitry Muratov is in an understandably foul mood. In a corner hang photos of four reporters he has lost in the past eight years—one
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ryanpatgray on Sat, Jan 31 2009
Page 1 of 77 (768 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options