  • A Violation of the Rights of the Parent

    “We can do this the easy way or the hard way. But it’s got to get done.” -- State Attorney Glenn Ivey of Prince George’s County, Maryland, on the vaccination of 2300 children whose parents object to the county’s policy of forced immunizations. According to an article published by the Washington Post ( Get Kids Vaccinated or Else, Parents Told ), parents
    Posted to dget (Weblog) by dget on Wed, Nov 14 2007
  • Ron Paul Demonstrates Unreliability of Political Polling

    For those following the presidential campaign of Texas Congressman Ron Paul there is little questioning his status as a top-tier candidate. Evidence supporting this conclusion is constantly growing, and after this past week’s events even the main stream media is beginning to recognize what Paul’s supporters have known for quite some time. The historic
    Posted to dget (Weblog) by dget on Mon, Nov 12 2007
  • Did Ben Bernanke really just say that?

    While addressing the House Financial Services Committee recently Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke said something quite astonishing. Responding to an absolute drilling from Representative Ron Paul, Bernanke claimed that the devaluation of the dollar will not affect the purchasing power of the dollar assuming the dollar is being spent in domestic
    Posted to dget (Weblog) by dget on Fri, Nov 9 2007
  • Re: Two Fed Questions

    Very interesting. Thanks again.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by dget on Mon, Nov 5 2007
  • Re: Two Fed Questions

    I should elaborate slightly ... I still assume even if the money doesn't go directly to lending institutions that it ultimately finds its way into those lending institutions, as de Soto suggests it would in his analysis of the credit multiplier... --dget
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by dget on Mon, Nov 5 2007
  • Re: Two Fed Questions

    Thank you Jason. If you don't mind I have a pair of follow-up questions. First, does that mean the government just produces treasury bonds at will? Or is it perhaps 'authorized' as deficit in spending bills? Second, when the Fed raises the FFR by selling treasury bonds is the credit expansion process reversed? Again, I appreciate helpful
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by dget on Mon, Nov 5 2007
  • Two Fed Questions

    Question 1: When the FOMC purchases treasury bonds and releases money into the market I believe it then goes to the various lending institutions that formerly held the treasury bonds. If I am correct in this assumption, it leads me to wonder if that money is subsequently subjected to the credit expansion effect (10x) discussed in Jesus Huerta de Soto
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by dget on Sun, Nov 4 2007
  • To end our dependency on foreign petroleum we must subsidize it!

    Former commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East and retired Army Gen. John Abizaid recently revealed his opinion that the US military won’t be able to come home from Iraq for another 25-50 years, citing oil as a primary reason for continued occupation ( link ). To quote the general: “ I'm not saying this is a war for oil, but I am saying that
    Posted to dget (Weblog) by dget on Thu, Nov 1 2007
  • Neoconservative Propaganda

    Has propaganda ever been used so blatantly as it’s being used now by neoconservatives in their advocacy of US intervention in the Middle East? Here’s a sampling from a recent email conversation I had: The fight against the Middle Eastern terrorists is in fact a fight against Islamofascists! Now, an educated person understands that a fascist is one who
    Posted to dget (Weblog) by dget on Tue, Oct 30 2007
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | More Search Options