  • Re: anarcho-capitalist party

    It could be an interesting turn of events and it could inject some of the ideas into the mainstream so they don't appear as boogeymanish, but in reality, it ignores all of the incremental steps to make it more palatable to the population. This isn't to say that the Libertarian Party is doing a good job whatsoever, just that the more people can
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Thu, Feb 14 2013
  • Re: "Reactionary" Right

    I agree with you for the most part, Neodoxy, but could you expand on why you think race is the biggest threat to libertarianism? I'm just confused on what exactly you're referring to (political strife, demand for nationalism and more statism, accepting racial differences leading to "alt"-rightism, etc.). In my original post, I wasn't
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric080 on Mon, Dec 10 2012
  • "Reactionary" Right

    I was wondering what you guys think about something. Out in the ol' Internetz, I've noticed a lot of former anarcho-capitalists splinter off into "reactionary right" thinking. Their primary influences seem to be some combination of Mencius Moldbug (some guy who runs a blog), George Fitzhugh a Confederate slavery apologist, Julius Evola
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric080 on Mon, Dec 10 2012
  • Re: What makes a libertarian: ideas or actions?

    Theoretically, you are supposed to have the ability to fix things through elections. But whoever is in charge will still be operating a mafia-styled organization. They still claim the authority to come for your money and steal it and throw you in a cage if you resist. Sounds awfully like an extortion racket no matter who is in charge. At any rate, you
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Mon, Apr 23 2012
  • Re: Unalienable Rights

    Descriptive vs. normative. Yes somebody can take your life, but according to a Natural Right-ist, they can't take away your right to life. If you lose your life, your right to life was infringed upon and you were morally wronged.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Eric080 on Thu, Mar 29 2012
  • Re: Help with my Political Analysis class!!!

    Maybe we need to be friends on Mises.org? I sent you a request. EDIT: I changed my profile so that all users can start a convo with me. Should be good to go!
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Eric080 on Sun, Mar 25 2012
  • Re: Help with my Political Analysis class!!!

    I'd give it a go.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Eric080 on Sun, Mar 25 2012
  • Re: Why it's Simple and Accurate to Just Presume that Everyone is a Psychopath?

    @Clayton: That was cool
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric080 on Sun, Mar 25 2012
  • Re: Ridiculous Ron Paul bias

    Yeah I understand debating Biden would not be hard. But Paul couldn't satisfactorily respond to the media questioning him why he had a sudden change of heart which would certainly be something he is questioned on during the debate. That works for people like Biden who attacked Obama in the 2008 primaries on minutiae only to change his tune on certain
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Sun, Mar 18 2012
  • Re: Ridiculous Ron Paul bias

    Well just imagine if Paul did accept the nomination for VP. The first thing the media is asking him is how he can square his beliefs with Romney. Can you imagine Paul not calling Romney a warmonger in so many terms and not saying that he stands up for the economic status quo? If he flip flops, the media would be all over him. If he remains true to his
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Sat, Mar 17 2012
Page 1 of 101 (1004 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options