  • Re: Theism vs. Atheism

    I would say though, Steve, that the need to achieve or live for something "higher than yourself" is something just about all humans can relate to. Some also feel that need to be at one with nature (like with pandeism or something), but I don't feel that connection at all. As a species, we differ either genetically or by circumstance, but
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Tue, Jul 6 2010
  • Re: Libertarian Congressmen/Senators

    Sadly, I believe Ron Paul is our only hope. Who, if he runs in 2012, I think will get more attention and more votes, but will not sidestep the neocon machine. It seems like libertarianism is gaining a foothold, but that's probably because I've been hanging around LvMI too much I guess we forget how many Sean Hannity fans are out there, waiting
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric080 on Tue, Jul 6 2010
  • Re: Theism vs. Atheism

    [quote user="Sieben"]I am hoping people get the notion of taking leaps of faith. Belief in social absolutes and ideal action are flaws of statist thinking.[/quote] I find this to be an absolutely amazing statement. Statism/religion are one in the same. They are each top-down moral authorities that give individual human beings the right to
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Tue, Jul 6 2010
  • Re: Theism vs. Atheism

    Esuric, I'm new here so I don't want to come off as being brash, but really, most people accept things based on past previous experiences. If an expert is telling you how something is done, you may not understand why, but your previous experience with "higher-ups" lends you to believe he has no reason to lie. Or like the earlier example
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Tue, Jul 6 2010
Page 101 of 101 (1004 items) « First ... < Previous 97 98 99 100 101 | More Search Options