  • Re: Ron Paul Supporters - 'Florida Primary Was Rigged'

    Why is it the new thing to appeal to Google search results to demonstrate some kind of logical connection between two things or monitor what is trending? "hitler cheesecake" gives you 6.35 million results. "taco bell library" gives you 4.48 million.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Wed, Feb 1 2012
  • Re: *** January 2012 low content thread ***

    Sounds like Boston Bruins goalie Tim Thomas might be a Paulite : Thomas posted the following statement on his Facebook page at 6 p.m. ET: "I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Tue, Jan 24 2012
  • Re: Libertarian in the Democratic Party

    Gocrew, I definitely realize that this is a possibility. Some Austrians were former leftists (I think Walter Block describes himself as having communistic tendencies and one of the moderators that run the excellent "I bet Ludwig von Mises can get more fans than John Maynard Keynes" Facebook page was a leftist). A run of the mill leftist I
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric080 on Mon, Jan 23 2012
  • Re: Better if Gingrich wins SC?

    It is clearly more than that. Republicans generally buy the line that government spending tends to fail. They don't have much of an economic theory to back that up like the Chicagoites or the Austrians do, but they buy into it. They might be skeptical of Paul on things like Social Security and some regulations, but they are mostly with him on those
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric080 on Sun, Jan 22 2012
  • Re: Better if Gingrich wins SC?

    It's funny how nobody points out that Ron Paul is within the margin of error against Obama. He fares much better than Gingrich or Santorum. However, I think every Republican in this field (including Paul) would lose to Obama if and only if the economy flatlines and doesn't take a nosedive before the elections. Romney: Obama turns it into a 1
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric080 on Sun, Jan 22 2012
  • Re: Problems with Self-Ownership

    Some of your points are interesting, but think of parents as being custodians as in #9. They don't own the children, they just have legally recognizable legitimacy in making decisions on the child's behalf. If the child wishes to refuse the decisions of the parent and wants to leave their care, there is nothing the parents can really do. Regarding
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric080 on Sat, Jan 21 2012
  • Re: William Kirstol Challenges Ron Paul to Debate on Foreign Policy

    Scheuer is a stooge and Chalmers Johnson was a stooge as well. I get my foreign policy facts from Bill O'Reilly and he said Paul is dangerous
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Fri, Jan 20 2012
  • Re: Libertarianism and Moral Dilemmas

    I posted in another thread that if Sachs wants to assert that some minimum standard of living is a human right (in the name of social equality), then you can't stop at America's borders. America's borders and American citizenship are useful fictions. A human right is supposed to apply to all people at all times. If a starving kid in Africa
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Fri, Jan 20 2012
  • Re: *** January 2012 low content thread ***

    Jargon, I don't think so. A very significant portion will go to Santorum. It's basically a three-way race now between Santorum, Romney, and Paul. But the sad fact is that Romney will have a huge lead on the both of them.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eric080 on Thu, Jan 19 2012
  • Re: Libertarian in the Democratic Party

    I also find that no matter how often you try to explain it, they still resort to lecturing us on how greedheads destroyed the economy. If you try to reason with them on that point, you become a free market fundie. Just imagine attempting to convert the comment section of a Salon.com blog piece and see where my difficulties have been I think part of
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eric080 on Thu, Jan 19 2012
Page 4 of 101 (1004 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options