  • Re: A Trespassing Scenario

    I believe I was picturing this scenario in a different light. The picture in my mind was of a stowaway on a private plane. I would still contend, with my image of the situation, that the stowaway's intentions can never be fully known. You also could not be expected to believe the stowaway's explanation for the accidental boarding. This would
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by WalterEC on Thu, Nov 1 2007
  • Re: Nuclear War and the State

    [quote user="Q22"] Assume the following scenario: There is a nuclear war coming. The only way for such a war to be stopped is if the state intervenes by illegitimately collecting taxes from a group of people who otherwise would not pay them and then acting. Obviously this is completely hypothetical, so lets not add any more side constraints
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by WalterEC on Wed, Oct 31 2007
  • Re: A question for the Minarchists.

    All government is force and should be stamped out. We need to be careful, however, lest we solicit help to this end from our next governors.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by WalterEC on Wed, Oct 31 2007
  • Re: Civil disobedience ?

    [quote user="Stranger"] It is not civil disobedience to do things that the state allows you to do, never mind what it says in the legislative books. Doing something that the state forbids you from doing but that it is powerless to stop, such as a widespread tax rebellion, that would be civil disobedience. [/quote] I would say that the non
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by WalterEC on Wed, Oct 31 2007
  • Re: A Trespassing Scenario

    I would have to contend that property rights would allow you to detain the trespasser. If he forcefully resists your attempt to detain him, then you could throw him out.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by WalterEC on Wed, Oct 31 2007
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | More Search Options