  • Re: Free market regulation - an example

    This happens literally every day, somewhere. Franchise business models require very strict adherance to the brand image/quality/service etc. When an idependent franchise owner disregards the brand's guidlines, reflecting badly on the brand itself and therefore all other franchise owners. Corporate will (correctly) shut you down in a heartbeat. Profit
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Curtis on Fri, Feb 3 2012
  • Re: Food as a General Condition of Human Welfare

    Well, with tens or hundreds of thousands of people dying every year of starvation I would venture to say that it is indeed an "issue." Personally I think the problem can largely be found in markets not being allowed to function, and lack of property rights/rule of law. I think these factors probably account for most, if not all stuctural food
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Curtis on Tue, Jan 31 2012
  • Lunar property rights--None

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43517562/ns/technology_and_science-space/ Maybe only news to me but apparently it is illegal to own any part of the moon. Any part. This includes rocks, and even dust of anyt sort. Never mind any ownership possibility of property on the moon itself or in it's mineral wealth. Without these most basic property rights, how
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Curtis on Sat, Jun 25 2011
  • Re: Good Math Websites For Middle Schoolers?

    I second the Khan academy recommendation. Great website.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Curtis on Thu, May 12 2011
  • Re: Suppose that the government were to eliminate welfare to a particular group...

    I would definitely not be OK with this. It is hard enough as it is showing people who our common real enemy is, the State. A policy like this would perfectly play into the statist game of race/identity politics, divide and conquer. Which works so well for them. The animosity and division such a thing would cause would be insurmountable and woulkd strengthen
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Curtis on Sat, Mar 12 2011
  • Re: Free download of my libertarian book, Withur We!

    I've been meaning to read this for awhile now and hadn't gotten around to it. I have more time on my hands now so I went ahead and purchased a hard copy and am looking forward to reading it when it arrives. I'll let you know how I like it. Cheers!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Curtis on Sat, Mar 12 2011
  • Re: Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will cut the deficit?

    That sounds like a rather dubious explanation and I highly doubt that is how their assessment arrived at those numbers. I tried following the references in the CBO document to find methodology and how they did arrive at these numbers (which I have no doubt are bulls**t) but I've run out of time before class, and am not very good at navigating government
    Posted to General (Forum) by Curtis on Tue, Oct 26 2010
  • Re: Unemployment in the 1800s

    " He's of the camp that there was insufficient demand and disregards that people are paid according to their marginal productivity." What "camp" is this? I know of no serious economists that hold such positions among any school of thought and I have a hard time believing that such a "camp" exists outside of your friends
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Curtis on Tue, Oct 26 2010
  • Re: Unemployment in the 1800s

    Minimum wage and "other measures" create jobs? Wow, this is revolutionary and your friend should definitely share his discovery with the economics profession who, in their ignorance, cling to the idea that these things hamper employment. He could be the next nobel winner! As for figures there are no reliable figures from most of that that
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Curtis on Mon, Oct 25 2010
  • Re: Article Criticizing the Tea Party

    And yet I bet your professor fails to see that it is articles exactly like that that are part of the problem, and certainly offer little in the way of solution. It's the same old fear mongering wearing a different dress. Make only minor changes to some of the language contained in that article and your professor, no doubt, would denounce it as far
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Curtis on Sun, Oct 24 2010
Page 1 of 10 (96 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options