  • Re: Official election stuff thread: Because tomorrow is in the future

    Well just did my civic duty and don't I feel all important! (not really) Figured I'd lend my circle-filling expertise to Johnson, and there were some local tax increases I wanted to vote down. I actually think Romney is going to win, the young tend to go liberal and many in the younger crowd is either apathetic toward Romney and Obama (rightfully
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Greg on Tue, Nov 6 2012
  • Re: McDonald's and hot coffee warning

    When I was age three my mom sat down a cup of coffee and as soon as she did I jumped up and grabbed it burning my stomach pretty bad and had to go to the hospital. No scars but she was questioned by child protective services, luckily my mom knew the lady questioning and they knew she wasn't abusive or negligent (had pretty great parents all-in-all
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Greg on Thu, Sep 13 2012
  • Re: Obamacare

    [quote user="bloom"] In reading the opinion one finds that to avoid the Anti-Injunction problem that the court used the Congress' actual language from the bill to conclude that Congress did not originally intend the mandate to be considered as a tax but rather as a "penalty." Through this reasoning, the court found that it did
    Posted to General (Forum) by Greg on Thu, Jun 28 2012
  • Re: Obamacare

    I really don't understand the court opinion. No I didn't read the whole damn thing lol perhaps this was rebutted. They make mention of the Anti-Injunction Act recognizing that taxes can only be challenged after they have been paid. Roberts considered the mandate not as an actual mandate, but as a tax akin to having people without children pay
    Posted to General (Forum) by Greg on Thu, Jun 28 2012
  • Re: *** June 2012 low content thread ***

    [quote user="John James"] You may be interested in...[/quote] OH. MY. GOD. LOL at ThatOldGuy's post, vomiting the supermassive awesome overload.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Greg on Sat, Jun 2 2012
  • Re: *** June 2012 low content thread ***

    Hope that worked - my first youtube post I used the others here as a template... Holy crap thank you JJ for the EconFree channel recommendation love this stuff! By far the most interesting thing to me about economics is the role of prices in organizing how recourses are allocated within an economy. Mind blowing realization that high prices can actually
    Posted to General (Forum) by Greg on Sat, Jun 2 2012
  • Re: Ethical Philosophy Quiz

    I don't know much about philosophers, this seems like a good reading list for me though. Now how did Hobbes get there... social contract . A couple of friends have recommended Nietzsche guess I'll have to give him a read. Your Complete Results: 1. Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (100%) MORE 2. Stoics (99%) MORE 3. David Hume (98%) MORE 4. Thomas
    Posted to General (Forum) by Greg on Wed, May 30 2012
  • Re: Foodstamps Help You Eat Right. . . .

    Here in Missouri we also have WIC (women infants children) which is another food-stamp like program but I think it's only for single mothers and you only get the food approved by WIC. Most notably to me is that there are only two approved baby formulas: Enfamil and Similac. Not coincidentally, the grocery store I work at only sells these two brands
    Posted to General (Forum) by Greg on Wed, May 30 2012
  • Re: The real source of danger we face: Merchants of Despair

    The speaker makes a great distinction between practical environmentalism (solved by strong property rights) and ideological environmentalism (the pseudo-religion I highlighted earlier.) Usefull terms, good video.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Greg on Fri, May 25 2012
  • Re: The real source of danger we face: Merchants of Despair

    Whoo seeing those threads - stepped in poo I have. Haven't been here in quite a while back on topic: Not a perfect analogy but environmentalism in many ways seems like a religion to me. Original sin = Human carbon footprint Hell = Global warming Savior = government Beleive you bunch of sinners ahahah!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Greg on Fri, May 25 2012
Page 1 of 10 (98 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options