  • Re: What fallacy is this?

    " No, they do not state verbally this perfect solution, they simply imply it, or keep in their mind while asserting their absurd situations (gang wars etc.) Maybe it's not exactly NF, but more expanded one so to speak. Again, that's how I approach it at least. When you ask them "give me your perfect solution" they are stuck. When
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freeradicals on Fri, Nov 5 2010
  • Re: What fallacy is this?

    " Straw man means you made up your own argument and then dismantled it, acting as if it refutes your opponents position. If those are fallacies, that's what I would think they are." It's the most common strategy (fallacy) employed against my views whenever I engage in these debates. Is it the same for you?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freeradicals on Fri, Nov 5 2010
  • Re: What fallacy is this?

    Thanks, I once took a course in college and learned all of these and since forgotten them. Now I'm back to learning again since they've actually become relevant. I swore I thought I looked up that one already and the description didn't match what I had in mind. I guess I'm just losing it. Thanks again!
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freeradicals on Fri, Nov 5 2010
  • What fallacy is this?

    I have heard these kinds of arguments now many times when I engage in debates about free societies vs statism. The other person will build up some fanciful story about how something would work in a free society, crush his own image and then use that as proof that a free society wouldn't work. It makes my blood boil as it sidesteps all logical discourse
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freeradicals on Fri, Nov 5 2010
  • Re: How many of you were turned on to Autrian Economics by Ron Paul

    Ron Paul -> Peter Schiff -> LvMI
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by freeradicals on Fri, Nov 5 2010
  • Re: Youtube Comment of the Week

    Altruism = taxation now?! God, the lengths one will go... In retrospect I could have provided better answers. Just yesterday I was in a debate about someone that was espousing the same belief as the equation you talked about. He went on about how 3% of our income should go in a pot to help the poor because it's for the "greater good" and
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freeradicals on Thu, Nov 4 2010
  • Re: Youtube Comment of the Week

    Isn't that Marx' argument about innefficiences in the capitalist system? Tell him you are Adam Smith, Ludwig von Mises and F.A. Hayek, then go on to explain why he is wrong. This was an old debate I had. I'm still new to an-cap, so my arguments are still not very strong strong, but my responses: " ME : I am looking at this issue from
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freeradicals on Thu, Nov 4 2010
  • Re: Youtube Comment of the Week

    Oh and here's another one, sorry I had to include both of these :p (Btw this is not a response to one of my comments) " Great Statement. I agree with you wholeheartedly. We don't properly recycle, companies, only thinking of the bottom line create poor product which don't last. Unemployment due to companies only thinking of the bottom
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freeradicals on Thu, Nov 4 2010
  • Re: Youtube Comment of the Week

    Here is a good one in response to one of my own comments: " No, this is a micro issue (I teach micro btw). Tax money can come from multiple sources (not just individual tax payers). There is no way multiple companies can run a fire dept. Its too costly. These companies would have to duplicate services. If you want to look at it that way, its a
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by freeradicals on Thu, Nov 4 2010
  • Re: Did Harry Reid Steal Nevada?

    I wouldn't be too surprised. Reid was losing support and he knew it. This is why voting is a joke.
    Posted to General (Forum) by freeradicals on Thu, Nov 4 2010
Page 22 of 25 (246 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options