  • Re: Statists and Critical Thinking

    I find that generally the same is true of libertarians except that they are slightly more informed about the opposing side because almost every libertarian has been a statist, very few statists have been libertarians. Furthermore libertarians are more likely to be able to think critically because they don't percieve of a deus ex machina, they don't
    Posted to General (Forum) by Stephen on Mon, Aug 1 2011
  • Re: Statists and Critical Thinking

    I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong on this point, but I'd be interested in some substantiation from you about it. I don't have any quotes or references. Its just a general trend I've noticed on the forums. People can quote Rothbard and Mises and Hoppe, but they can't explain their arguments in detail. They don't understand
    Posted to General (Forum) by Stephen on Mon, Aug 1 2011
  • Re: Statists and Critical Thinking

    As far as I can tell, this whole thread is just a self-congratulatory pat on the back. Most Ancaps are in the same boat as statists and know very little outside of their school of thought, which they also don't know in depth. They are true believers. For them, their ideology is largly doctrine and dogma. They accept the propositions of their school
    Posted to General (Forum) by Stephen on Mon, Aug 1 2011
  • Re: Property Rights

    [quote user="Daniel Muffinburg"]It's a reductio.[/quote] Thank you. I really think people need to learn this. It gets really tiring when you illustrate the absurdity of someone's logic by applying it to a different case and have them come back and claim you're putting words in their mouth. He phrased it as "so you're saying"
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Stephen on Mon, Aug 1 2011
  • Re: Property Rights

    No he didn't say that. Why are you putting words in his mouth?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Stephen on Sun, Jul 31 2011
  • Re: Soviet Economic Growth

    Yeah, but that's purely anecdotal. It doesn't prove anything.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Stephen on Sun, Jul 31 2011
  • Re: Soviet Economic Growth

    I'd like to know how Soviet Union GDP figures were actually calculated. It must be different from GDP figures in a market economy, because goods produced in the soviet union were not bought and sold on an open market, and don't have market prices. Who is to say if a sack of wheat produced in the soviet union is the same quality as a sack of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Stephen on Sun, Jul 31 2011
  • Re: Property Rights

    Being absolutist is a strength, not a downfall. It results from logical consistency. If a rule applies in one case, it applies in all cases if there is no objective reason to apply a different rule. The only alternative is adhocery, where different rules apply to similar instances simply based on preference and not on a rational criteria for applying
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Stephen on Sun, Jul 31 2011
  • Re: Property Rights

    No, they wouldn't and shouldn't be forced out. Their rights are theirs to hold against the entire world. I also think the utilitarian case cannot be made because it is impossible to define the greater good (maximum utility, ect.) in a coherent manner. All that can be said is that some individual's interests clash with other individual's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Stephen on Sun, Jul 31 2011
  • Re: Capitalism is RACIST!!

    @ Andrew See here for national IQs and their relationship to GDP. See here , Chapter 16 for an evolutionary explaination of IQ differences and differences in skin pigmentation between the races.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Stephen on Sat, Jul 30 2011
Page 5 of 97 (970 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options