  • Re: A question for anarchists

    Childhood covers a lot of years, and many levels of maturity. Some can support themselves at fifteen, others have trouble at 30. The question was asked, who would return a child to its parents? Any parents who would want their own children returned to them should they run away. Not all children run away because of abusive parents. Most of the time a
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Roger Daugherty on Mon, Nov 12 2007
  • Re: Case for Gold; Debating my Professor

    [quote user="Dangerous Ideas For Men"] Although there would need to be a Constitutional amendment to allow it, couldn't you just select a "basket" of metals, including gold and silver (copper, nickel, etc), and define the currency unit against a fixed weight of these metals? The relative values would be arbitraged by the market
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Roger Daugherty on Sun, Nov 11 2007
  • Re: Case for Gold; Debating my Professor

    [quote user="gfitzy123"] So, our class erupted into a gold-standard discussion the other day, and being an Austrian-leaning student myself, couldn't find an rebutal to my professor's arguement against the gold standard. [/quote] A good source about gold is the article Gold and Economic Freedom by none other than Alan Greenspan, former
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Roger Daugherty on Sun, Nov 11 2007
  • Re: A question for anarchists

    [quote user="Juan"] Roger Daugherty, out of curiosity, do you consider your 'theory' about slavery to be, uh, libertarian ? Or are you rather arguing for 'natural' slavery ? [/quote] The core belief of libertarianism, I believe, is that everyone is at liberty to do as he or she pleases, as long as he or she does not infringe
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Roger Daugherty on Sat, Nov 10 2007
  • Re: A question for anarchists

    [quote user="JonBostwick"] No they don't. Parents have a right to their children's labor until they can support themselves? Running away to live with someone is supporting themselves, isn't it? So parents have a right to their child's labor so long as the child agrees to give it to them? Doesn't sound like a right to me
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Roger Daugherty on Sat, Nov 10 2007
  • Re: inflation and gold

    An article that will help you understand gold is Gold and Economic Freedom by none other than Alan Greenspan, former chaiman of the Federal Reserve Bank. It is contained in Ayn Rand's book Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal. The rest of the book is worthwhile too. Inflation is money devaluation. The value of anything is dependent upon its supply and
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Roger Daugherty on Fri, Nov 9 2007
  • Re: A question for anarchists

    I think there are several issues not addressed. One is understanding slavery. In history slavery was an option to prisons. If one stole, was caught, and could not repay that which he stole he was sold into slavery to pay his debt. If one came into any financial problems in which he could not pay his debt, he was sold into slavery to pay it. This was
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Roger Daugherty on Fri, Nov 9 2007
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | More Search Options