  • Re: Affirmative action

    Yeah I meant ´were´. My English grammar really sucks.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BramElias on Sun, Jan 16 2011
  • Re: Affirmative action

    Well even if a lot capitalists would be racists, eventually other greedy capitalists start to hire minorities because they are cheeper due to supply and demand. Racism in job applicants can't last to long, because the incentive for cheaper labor would prefent it.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BramElias on Sun, Jan 16 2011
  • Re: *** January 2011 low content thread ***

    I really like the Sudbury School Valley video. It looks amazing, and it seems like to make a lot more sense than the unschoolers who leave their kids at home. Does anyone knows good books about the school or about unschooling in general?
    Posted to General (Forum) by BramElias on Sun, Jan 16 2011
  • Re: Saluton!

    Prejudice comes (if I am correct, English is not my native language) a pre judgement. So you act without having all the information. That's not wrong, that's necessary for survival. Most people feel that stereotyping is wrong and unfair. Why should one person be affected by the actions or qualities of the rest of his or her demographic? Of course
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by BramElias on Sun, Jan 16 2011
  • Re: Amy Chua Is Insane

    I've always heard that Chinese musicians are only good at replicating songs, and suck at writing own pieces, due to lack of creativity. I perfectly understand why. It's the same with soldiers, they aren't trained to be creative as well. The resemblence is striking, soldiers to show great love for the millitary. Not only are her ways to 'motivate'
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by BramElias on Sat, Jan 15 2011
  • Re: Is America overweight? If so, why?

    I've never been to America (I'm from the Netherlands), but my mother has been to several parts of the country. She, and other Dutch people who have been there had the same experience at breakfast: everything is so damn fat. Also, the sizes of each meal was so much bigger, just half the sizes would have been OK. The Dutch Mc Donald's doesn't
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by BramElias on Fri, Jan 14 2011
  • Re: Capitalism as the bogeyman - would Marxism lower prices?

    I've recently read The Communist Manifesto for my philosophy major and the title made me want to respond. The question is completely irrelevant because Marxists actually see low prices as something bad, because according to Marx it would lead to lower wages and thus an even worse situation for the proletariat. We actually discussed it at Political
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BramElias on Thu, Dec 9 2010
  • Re: Is this really market failure??

    I don't think so. You would still struggle with the calculation problem.
    Posted to General (Forum) by BramElias on Sat, Nov 27 2010
  • Japanese Politician Resigns After Being too Honest

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331798/Minoru-Yanagida-resigns-job-easy-gaffe.html This is just too funny. A couple of years ago I would have thought "wow what a idiot", but he's just being too damn honest. It's the way of debating a lot of Dutch Politicians do here.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by BramElias on Mon, Nov 22 2010
  • Re: Books on democracy

    Yes I would like that
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BramElias on Mon, Nov 15 2010
Page 5 of 6 (58 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | More Search Options