  • Re: Questions about Gold Standard.

    What about bimetalism? I know gold is infinitely divisible and value is determined by scarcity, yada, yada, yada, but physically there is a heck of a lot more silver. Why not bring back the 'poor man's gold' as money as well? Or do Austrians already advocate that?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by SonicBOOM on Wed, Dec 12 2007
  • Help me convince my editorial board the NAU/regional currency is a bad Idea

    Despite mainstream media (IHT/NYT, Newsweek) saying NAU is conspiratorial crazy talk, some on my editorial board want to advocate an NAU. We narrowly avoided the topic at our last meeting and I know it will be brought up again. The ones who pushed for it said "it will give our currency (U.S. $) steroids" and the other just thought it was a
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by SonicBOOM on Thu, Dec 6 2007
  • Re: Network Neutrality

    Of course it is speculative but look here http://www.news.com/Google-wants-dark-fiber/2100-1034_3-5537392.html
    Posted to General (Forum) by SonicBOOM on Mon, Nov 26 2007
  • Re: Network Neutrality

    [quote user="Anonymous Coward"]What's up with all the ad hominem attacks? [/quote] First of all, you're right I'll quit with that. I was getting carried away. [quote user="Anonymous Coward"]What's so hard to grasp, they want to institute a tiered pricing structure for a limited commodity[/quote] BOOM there it is!
    Posted to General (Forum) by SonicBOOM on Mon, Nov 26 2007
  • Re: Network Neutrality

    [quote user="Anonymous Coward"]You a college boy, ain't you? [/quote] Its been a long time since I was in school, but I still read books, sorry if you had to look anything up. What you all are exhibiting is a lack of understanding of how networks best operate, the social benefits of the the internet, as well as your alarmist use of the
    Posted to General (Forum) by SonicBOOM on Mon, Nov 26 2007
  • Re: Network Neutrality

    Your selection bias is obvious sonny, -- from wikipedia (first sentence!) "The Internet is a worldwide, publicly accessible series of interconnected computer networks that transmit data by packet switching using the standard Internet Protocol (IP)." If certain parts are no longer publicly available then it is not really the internet any more
    Posted to General (Forum) by SonicBOOM on Sun, Nov 25 2007
  • Re: Network Neutrality

    Perhaps you should start by looking up 'internet' in a dictionary.
    Posted to General (Forum) by SonicBOOM on Sun, Nov 25 2007
  • Re: Network Neutrality

    Agreed, but options aren't panoply ("hundreds") as the OP puts it. It is only prudent to censure ourselves when we hear each other start talking in hyperboles like 7th grade children. When we make the free market sound utopian -- without growing pains, we are being dishonest to ourselves and others. While we feel it is a better overall
    Posted to General (Forum) by SonicBOOM on Sun, Nov 25 2007
  • Re: Network Neutrality

    [quote user="libertarian"]the consumer has hundreds of ISPs to choose from[/quote] That is the dumbest thing I've heard today, perhaps all month.
    Posted to General (Forum) by SonicBOOM on Sat, Nov 24 2007
Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | More Search Options