  • Re: On Public Schools and A Particular New Rule in General

    The story below popped in my head when I read this post... Shortly before World War I, the German Kaiser was the guest of the Swiss government to observe military maneuvers. The Kaiser asked a Swiss militiaman: "You are 500,000 and you shoot well, but if we attack with 1,000,000 men what will you do?" The soldier replied: "We will shoot
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tuur on Mon, Dec 10 2007
  • Re: On Public Schools and A Particular New Rule in General

    [quote]Tuur - You should try reading complete arguments before you respond. You claim I demand compulsory education when you say "violence ....(in the instance of forcing citizens to pay for this compulsory education)", yet I have clearly stated several times in several posts that this education would not be compulsory and the only tax money
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tuur on Sun, Dec 9 2007
  • Re: On Public Schools and A Particular New Rule in General

    [quote user="Paul Grad"] 3) Pursuit of Happiness --- I think here is where I'd include the "Right to read" and that basic education I have been talking about. It would also fit in under the above two rights. The Right to do anything that doesn't fall under Rothbard's libertarian creed basis of aggression. Basically, the
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tuur on Sun, Dec 9 2007
  • Re: On Public Schools and A Particular New Rule in General

    Here's a brief film about the history of Compulsory Schooling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexMYBkfCic
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tuur on Sat, Nov 24 2007
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | More Search Options