  • Re: Net Neutrality

    There is a good article written a few years ago on this topic here: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=963623
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by David on Wed, Dec 22 2010
  • Re: Hitler is Schooled By a Real Austrian Economist!

    Great work. They've now got pop-up ads that cover the subtitles so you have to kill the ad to read it. It would also be easier to read if the subtitles had a dark background..
    Posted to General (Forum) by David on Tue, Dec 7 2010
  • Re: Recovering from Neoliberal Disaster

    krazy kaju wrote: Either way, the debtors need to somehow repay their creditors, either by paying back their debts or by declaring bankruptcy. If they do not, it is the British government's legal duty to declare war on Iceland and recoup the assets of debtors and distribute them to their creditors. Oh Really? That doesn't sound like a very Austrian
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by David on Sun, Dec 5 2010
  • Re: Binding Arbitration?

    Thanks for the reply. I suppose in these programming contracts there must be some automatic renewal clause. In that case they are not really negotiating over a new contract per se, but negotiating some particular details of the extension or renewal or the ability to cancel the contract. I'm no lawyer so I don't know if this makes sense, but
    Posted to General (Forum) by David on Sat, Dec 4 2010
  • Re: Rothbard's "Ethics of Liberty"

    Yes, a great book. Another one is For A New Liberty by Rothbard. In it he covers this topic with some additional detail. For example on page 95: [T]he natural-rights justification for the ownership of ground land is the same as the justification for the original ownership of all other property. For, as we have seen, no producer really “creates”
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by David on Fri, Dec 3 2010
  • Binding Arbitration?

    Can binding arbitration be applied to contract negotiation? Rothbard gives praise to the idea of abritration in For A New Liberty , p569: Arbitration therefore permits judgments to be made by people expert in the trade or occupation concerned. Currently, the American Arbitration Association, whose motto is “The Handclasp is Mightier than the Fist
    Posted to General (Forum) by David on Fri, Dec 3 2010
  • Re: Zakaria: We owe all innovation to the DOD spending...

    Bill Smith wrote the following post at Sun, Oct 31 2010 7:09 PM: You can't possibly be trying to make a case that the DOD is more capable in Research and Development than the very Companies and creative hard working people they looted the money from Oh, not me. It was a quote from Fareed Zakaria, I found the claim implausible. I guess he (and the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by David on Sun, Oct 31 2010
  • Zakaria: We owe all innovation to the DOD spending...

    Fareed Zakaria, GPS Podcast, 10-31-10 : "The semiconductor industry, for example would not exist, if not for the D.O.D.... The Internet, well Al Gore didn't invent it, but DARPA did. The computer industry, for years NASA was it's main client and kept it alive and growing.... GPS, that's powering the next wave of innovation on the web
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by David on Sun, Oct 31 2010
  • Re: What Did Rothbard Have Against the Anabaptists?

    Yes, I wondered the same thing when I recently listened to the audiobook. I note that Rothbard also makes plenty of false generalizations about Calvinists and Presbyterians too.
    Posted to History (Forum) by David on Wed, Oct 27 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    Thanks for your detailed reply. nskinsella wrote the following post at Sat, Oct 23 2010 3:13 PM: not sure what you mean by honor system Yes, it was a poor choice of words. right. the customer may be liable, but I doubt peoplue would agree to crazy liability just for some minor priced service.Not worth it. I think you're right, it is probably not
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by David on Sat, Oct 23 2010
Page 1 of 3 (28 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options