  • Re: *** April 2011 low content thread ***

    "...State soldiers did not lie, cheat, steal..."... yes solely murder.
    Posted to General (Forum) by vaduka on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • Re: Right to privacy

    An instance of this objection was discussed by Coase (1960), Friedman’s colleague at the University of Chicago, and fellow Nobel Prize winner in economics. It was the case of Sturgis v. Bridgeman, which revolved around the issue of whether the manufacturer may run his machinery, which interferes with the quiet needed by the doctor in order to
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by vaduka on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • Re: Economic calculation under barter?

    My shortest reply is that economic calculation is possible in barter economy. I believe this quotes from Mises are sufficient premises for this conclusion: In an occasional act of barter in which men who ordinarily do not resort to trading with other people exchange goods ordinarily not negotiated, the ratio of exchange is determined only within broad
    Posted to General (Forum) by vaduka on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • Re: This is too funny, I don't know where to start. Help me out.

    [quote user="Gipper"] I love the people who say Ron Paul would bring all of this fantastic change, yet probably don't understand that lack of government intervention is what's allowed the wealth gap in this country to widen astronomically. We're now on par with wonderfully democratic, free and classless societies such as Mexico
    Posted to General (Forum) by vaduka on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • Re: Cowen: "If I believed in Austrian Business Cycle Theory"

    I have been familiar with the so called "overproduction" inherent noxious feature of capitalism for some time now. But I still haven't read or heard a coherent explanation of its nature. What is the essence of its manifestation? One thing that I have heard is the relationship between the "overproduction" concept and the Great
    Posted to General (Forum) by vaduka on Thu, Apr 7 2011
  • Re: Cowen: "If I believed in Austrian Business Cycle Theory"

    [quote user="Laotzu del Zinn"] LS agrees with me. Perhaps he can explain it to you. Even when I'm right nobody here seems to understand me. EDIT: a good place to start is Rothbard's book on recession of (somewhere around) 1814. Overproduction and the failing of business is natural to the system. The only argument to be made is whether
    Posted to General (Forum) by vaduka on Wed, Apr 6 2011
  • Re: Selling Meteorites is Illegal?

    iLL defined property rights logically leads to iLL defended property rights.
    Posted to General (Forum) by vaduka on Wed, Apr 6 2011
  • Re: Ron Paul to Announce Presidential Bid Next Month

    If he runs for president I believe the campaign will be very exhausting for him. I also believe that if he does run, he will draw additional attention to libertarianism, which is a good thing.
    Posted to General (Forum) by vaduka on Wed, Apr 6 2011
  • Re: Right to privacy

    [quote user="Andris Birkmanis"] You can't just force your neighbor to wear the silly hat because you believe the world would be better off if everyone wore the hat. I fail to see how this argument does not apply to property rights, as well. You can't just force bums from this lawn because you believe the world would be better off if
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by vaduka on Wed, Apr 6 2011
  • Re: So a Liberal statesman leaves the stage.

    [quote user="Prateek Sanjay"] How would you know what we are all wired to think? [/quote] He did not say what rational individuals think, he said how they think. And as he mentions in his post that is before mine I don't. I know how I think. Thats why my claim was true. He knows this based on his knowledge about himself. I believe I.Ryan
    Posted to General (Forum) by vaduka on Wed, Apr 6 2011
Page 5 of 14 (140 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options