  • Re: The price of Medical Equipment

    Would throwing government money your way cure your laziness ? Actually, will it cure anyones laziness ? Speaking of laziness, its not laziness that prevents people from creating a garage medical startup, its the reality that the medical industry is so regulated that the even the hardest working soul working 24 hours a day in his garage would never be
    Posted to General (Forum) by ulrichPf on Mon, Jun 11 2012
  • Re: Starting a business

    The best investment is to invest in oneself, so I agree with others here, starting a business regardless of a recession is a good idea. Be prepared to fail though, most successful entrepreneurs go through a number of failures before they hit the jackpot.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ulrichPf on Mon, Dec 12 2011
  • Re: Under a precious metal based monetary system is it possible....

    I can reverse your hypotheical and ask the question: if you fund 100 hundred failed ventures with only 10 units what do you think will happen to your money and the economy ? Pick the one you think is the most profitable, trying to fund too many (or 1000 or a million) ventures with the same amount of money is both stupid hypothetically and, more importantly
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ulrichPf on Tue, Oct 25 2011
  • Re: Under a precious metal based monetary system is it possible....

    I can reverse your hypotheical and ask the question: if you fund 100 hundred failed ventures with only 10 units what do you think will happen to your money and the economy ? Pick the one you think is the most profitable, trying to fund too many (or 1000 or a million) ventures with the same amount of money is both stupid hypothetically and, more importantly
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ulrichPf on Tue, Oct 25 2011
  • Re: Computer games - Market failure

    Are you seriously saying that there are no good computer games out there ? I can give tons of new games that are great artistically and stimulate the mind as well. During the Victorian times most people did not read the great classics of the time, they most likely read the penny horribles, but that did not require the government to make laws to produce
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ulrichPf on Mon, Oct 24 2011
  • Re: What exactly is poverty?

    I am assuming that when you talk about your studies about equality you are talking about Sweden, because you will find many more societies, both now and in the past, that had equality and very bad standards of living. Detroit got to its state not because inequality increased, it got there because productive people and capital fled the place, and it
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ulrichPf on Wed, Aug 24 2011
  • Re: Tutu calls for wealth tax on whites

    Whites apparently are 9% of the population. Even if they are all taxed 100% how this will even make a dent in paying for all the things that are to be supplied for free is laughable.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ulrichPf on Fri, Aug 12 2011
  • Re: Property Rights

    Would you like to be moved against your will ? You probably see yourself belonging to the millions who are "deprived" of electricity, have you ever thought as belonging to one of the 200, deprived of their freedom ?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ulrichPf on Sun, Jul 31 2011
  • Re: Why Are Most Mises Users from the US?

    Is the left right axis economic freedom ? If so it is pretty telling that The Economist is more left than Fox.
    Posted to General (Forum) by ulrichPf on Tue, Jul 26 2011
  • Re: Another Hayek -v- Keynes debate at LSE

    I suspect the reason Hayek is mentioned is because he won a noble prize, whether one likes it or not most people will see the noble prize for economics and thus see him as someone to take "seriously".
    Posted to General (Forum) by ulrichPf on Fri, Jul 15 2011
Page 1 of 8 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options