  • Re: Libertarian websites

    these are the ones in my rss feed reader: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/ http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/ http://www.reason.com/ (not the best, but there are a few good writers) http://whiskeyandgunpowder.com/ (Jeff Tucker is one of the main contributors on this site) http://www.thefreemanonline.org/ and of course mises daily and mises
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by J.R.M. on Fri, Dec 16 2011
  • Re: I'm going to an OWS rally...what should my sign say?

    The Bastiat Quote is perfect. Simple, to the point, powerful, and you may be introducing new people to Bastiat!
    Posted to General (Forum) by J.R.M. on Thu, Nov 17 2011
  • Re: Occupy Wall Street group vs. John Lewis

    It's a creepy display of the collective mindset. not just the repeating, but the way in which "decisions" were made.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by J.R.M. on Thu, Oct 13 2011
  • Re: Rothbard on Govt "Investment"

    I think what he's saying is that, if there was a desire for a shoe factory to be built, the private market would have addressed that desire. Instead, government goons have seized the property of the people adressing the public's desires, and "invested" it into other ventures. Sure, shoe making may be something people want, but we can't
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by J.R.M. on Wed, Oct 5 2011
  • Re: Obama v Romney

    [quote user="Wheylous"] For the sake of argument, assume Obama actually wants to pull the troops and end interventionism (we know this is wrong, but assume he wants to do this and has the capacity to do it). Whom would you choose? [/quote] Assume, for the sake of argument, that Obama wants to end the drug war, end all foreign wars, end all
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by J.R.M. on Wed, Oct 5 2011
  • Re: Did Private Property kill the Native Americans?

    [quote] Isn't this the same method that was done to the pilgrims by Thomas Dale, when they had no concept of private property, that allowed them to thrive? [/quote] I do not know the specifics of that situation, but I would be surprised to learn that the forcible theft and redistribution of land helped the pilgrims survive.
    Posted to History (Forum) by J.R.M. on Thu, Sep 29 2011
  • Re: Did Private Property kill the Native Americans?

    [quote] Under the act, formally communal land from the reservations was distributed to individuals in 160-acre allotments, and these individuals were guaranteed U.S. citizenship after twenty-five years. The surplus land that remained of the reservations after these allotments had been made was sold to white settlers and land speculators. [/quote] This
    Posted to History (Forum) by J.R.M. on Thu, Sep 29 2011
  • Re: Technology is Making Jobs Obsolete

    JJ, Thanks for posting the links! Much better than the amazon links I would have provided ;)
    Posted to General (Forum) by J.R.M. on Fri, Sep 9 2011
  • Re: Technology is Making Jobs Obsolete

    Yeah, I read that yesterday. Such a tired argument. This guy needs a good dose of Hazlitt or Bastiat.
    Posted to General (Forum) by J.R.M. on Thu, Sep 8 2011
  • Re: Libertarian argument against immigration.

    [quote] Well then, I would say that the government of Hong Kong would clearly be person C in this case, and thus would have legitmate ownership. [/quote] I am not familiar enough with the honk kong situation, but seeing as all states are illegitimate, and get their wealth from expropriation, I would disagree with this statement. [quote] However, I found
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by J.R.M. on Fri, Jul 22 2011
Page 1 of 7 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options