  • Re: Norway is waking up!

    Thanks, I was surprised when I found it and thought it was a perfect match ;-) (I made the original video, while Hans Jørgen made the english translations)
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by SondreB on Mon, Jul 18 2011
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    Wouldn't a Pro-IP instance involve the responsibility of consequences of the use of a patent or instructions in a book? If my new Volvo car blows up, I surely will blame that on Volvo manufacturer and demand retribution. If not, why shouldn't that apply to information/ideas in the same way?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SondreB on Fri, Oct 22 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    [quote user="MaikU"] [quote user="Stranger"] I've made money using open source software, and businesses have made money by my using open source software. Of course you did. You are a producer. Open source software is designed to make producers money. As I said before, it is not, never has been and cannot ever be, designed for
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SondreB on Thu, Oct 21 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    Here goes another attempt to explain what's wrong with the concept that it's ideas that should be protected and is scarce: - Your mind is scarce, and it's your private property. You can protect it. - Your land is scarce, and it's your private property. You can protect it. Both of these properties can be transformed to anything you want
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SondreB on Thu, Oct 21 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    [quote user="Stranger"] Why MUST studio-quality music still be produced? Only a communist mind would ask such a question. Nothing MUST be produced. Things are produced because consumers demand them. IP communism interferes in the relationship between consumers and producers by denying ownership of the product to producers, and thus making
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SondreB on Thu, Oct 21 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    [quote user="Stranger"] How will you practically restrict the action of others in regards to creative works? How will you prove that others have violated your IP? The example that Onar gives with music sampling is clear, digital copying of anything is much easier to prove as digital bits doesn't change. How will you protect information
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SondreB on Wed, Oct 20 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    [quote user="Stranger"] Musicians must be estatic about the internet and such a cheap distribution medium where they can forgo traditional record labels and also weasel out of paying royalties while piggybacking on other peoples ideas who think up all this technology. The role of record labels was to finance the production of studio-quality
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SondreB on Wed, Oct 20 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    [quote user="Stranger"] How cannot agents who specialize in specific tasks, roles, labour, etc. indirectly co-ordinate? Isn't this what de-facto occurs in most open source projects, where people, to each their own abilities , contribute to the greater whole project? You can understand with the last part why I find your post a little ridiculous
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SondreB on Wed, Oct 20 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    [quote user="Stranger"] That's clearly rubbish. Unless I woke up this morning and some big news have happened, we still don't have the tools to do precise manipulation of the human mind. If information is a "thing", then clearly you should somehow be able (and allowed) to remove that information from the head of any individual
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SondreB on Wed, Oct 20 2010
  • Re: The Moral Basis for Intellectual Property

    [quote user="Stranger"] Pro-IP's will argue that violating whatever controlling right on the ideas, is in itself the initiation of force, but there are absolutely no logical reasoning that can get any rational human being to such a conclusion. Onar Am is perfectly right, you simply reject the materiality of information. Information is
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by SondreB on Wed, Oct 20 2010
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options