  • Re: Upcoming Elections: Should a true Austrian vote or not?

    What good can come from not voting, you ask?: http://www.lewrockwell.com/chodorov/chodorov20.1.html "Remember that the proposal to quit voting is basically revolutionary; it amounts to a shifting of power from one group to another, which is the essence of revolution. As soon as the nonvoting movement got up steam, the politicians would most assuredly
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Sun, Oct 31 2010
  • Re: Confinement for Criminals

    Check out the chapter on police and courts in For A New Liberty. http://mises.org/rothbard/foranewlb.pdf Richard Maybury wrote in his book Whatever Happened to Justice?: Many Americans today believe that law and government are nearly the same thing, but this is incorrect. Law and government are different institutions and don't necessarily go together
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Sun, Oct 31 2010
  • Check Out My PowerPoint

    I've made a few PowerPoints in the past on libertarian topics just for fun. I've shared them with friends, but now I have found that I can easily share them with everyone by converting them to Google Documents. This one is on why terrorists hate us. Feel free to share the link: http://snipurl.com/1duoth Or in case you don't trust me: https
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Sun, Oct 31 2010
  • Re: Did World War II End the Great Depression?

    First we have to consider that the purpose of jobs are. The purpose of jobs is to create things that we want; things like pizzas, i-pods, and TV's. If pizzas and i-pods and TV's rained down from heaven, we wouldn't need to work anymore. The purpose of jobs isn't to have everyone work. If that's all you want then here is the solution
    Posted to History (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Fri, Oct 29 2010
  • The Dust Bowl

    I've come accross two ideas as to what caused the dust bowl. Which is correct, or are they both? Murray Rothbard states in For A New Liberty on p. 312: Another unhappy consequence of the American government’s failure to allow private property in a resource was the destruction of the Western grasslands in the late nineteenth century. Every
    Posted to History (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Fri, Oct 29 2010
Page 21 of 21 (205 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 | More Search Options