  • Re: Freedom Images...

    My first meme, based off of this article.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Fri, Jul 6 2012
  • Re: Thoughts on Objectivism and Rand

    [quote user="PhilipK"] @Anarcho-libertarian "We always give the public their hero's, we give the hero's to every faction and than people once they hear this person say all the right things, we give releases to them because he or she speaks for me that's how we rationalize it and we sit back and re-guide it again, we say go
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Mon, Jul 2 2012
  • Re: Thoughts on Objectivism and Rand

    [quote user="Andrew Cain"] Taxation is theft - Abstract Excise tax is necessary for government funding but is less evil - Concrete. Do you see the cognitive dissonance here? [/quote] I don't because there isn't. It's taking a general principle (taxation is theft) and then using that principle to guide you when choosing concrete
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Mon, Jul 2 2012
  • Re: Thoughts on Objectivism and Rand

    [quote user="Andrew Cain"] Your point was that Ron Paul believes taxation is theft. [/quote] I went further. He believes that taxation is theft, and therefore less taxation is better than more taxation, and that excise and user fees are less evil than the income tax. [quote user="Andrew Cain"] I have just stated that he supports
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Sun, Jul 1 2012
  • Re: Thoughts on Objectivism and Rand

    [quote user="Andrew Cain"] Yes he does say personal income taxation is theft but he is fine with slapping excise and user taxes on corporations for funding the government. [/quote] As Ron Paul stated in an interview with Glenn Beck when asked what kinds of taxation he thought was OK, " ANYTHING is better than the income tax." So
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Sat, Jun 30 2012
  • Re: Thoughts on Objectivism and Rand

    [quote user="PhilipK"] Ron Paul may in theory be an Anarchist but if his actions do not line up with his words then how much does that really matter. [/quote] His actions line up perfectly with his words. As an anarchist I want no state. And if I had to choose between a big state or a small state, I would choose a small state. Anything I do
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Sat, Jun 30 2012
  • Re: Thoughts on Objectivism and Rand

    [quote user="Andrew Cain"] He is...not....an...anarchist. Honestly, how many times does this topic need to be brought up? He believes in a constitutionally limited government. He is for a constitutional republic. He is not an anarchist. [/quote] Well it wouldn't be paid for with taxation since Dr. Paul said point blank on CNN that taxation
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Sat, Jun 30 2012
  • Re: Rand Paul...

    [quote user="Anenome"] Why is it okay for those who follow the NAP to stop a rape in progress they witness, but not okay for a nation-state to stop one nation from raping and killing another nation? [/quote] Walter Block explains the difference as it relates to slavery and the Civil War : “If secession is always and everywhere justified
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Mon, Jun 11 2012
  • Re: What Kind of Military Intervention Into Other Countries Is Acceptable?

    [quote user="Neodoxy"] Inherently there's nothing wrong with a force going into an area and improving the lives of everyone who was oppressed by a government. Whether or not this is a government makes little inherent difference. [/quote] I think it makes a huge inherent difference because the government would be violating the non-invasion
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Mon, May 28 2012
  • Re: State sovereignty question

    Concerning the Articles of Confederation being called "Perpetual," Kevin R. C. Gutzman writes in the Politically Incorrect Guide To The Constitution (pp. 12-13): "The United States were states, and they had joined together. The fact that their union had no set end date, in part because the length of the war could not be foreseen, was
    Posted to History (Forum) by Anarcho-libertarian on Mon, May 28 2012
Page 4 of 21 (205 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options