  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    [quote user="Malachi"][quote]I'd also like to add that if some emp, or deep impact, or whatever disaster were to befall the United States on this scale; the US FRN is at greater risk of destruction due to the facts that 1) roughly 98% of all FRN in circulation are actually digital, not paper and 2) the computers that hold those records
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MoonShadow on Sat, Jul 14 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    [quote user="Seraiah"] [quote user="Malachi"] What if an emp wipes out all computers with memories of bitcoin lol. [/quote] lol! We'd have more than our currency to worry about if that happened! [/quote] I'd also like to add that if some emp, or deep impact, or whatever disaster were to befall the United States on this scale;
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MoonShadow on Fri, Jul 13 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    [quote user="Seraiah"] Well, in the interest of me and the people that might read hereafter (but mostly me) I'd like to see what wasn't addressed. :) At the end of the day I think we've established that the biggest libertarian detractors have put forward the following argument: 1.) Bitcoin is not money. (It's not used alot
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MoonShadow on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Peter Schiff interviews the Bitcoin Guy, Donald Norman

    [quote user="Anenome"] [quote user="Em_ptySkin"]It's is just computer code. It will get hacked especially if it claims to be producing wealth. [/quote] You might think so, but 256-bit encryption is no joke. You can only get away with this statement because the computer industry is young. Eventually there will be standards that
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by MoonShadow on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    [quote user="Seraiah"] [quote user="MoonShadow"] Some of you bitcoin supporters are worse than opponents. [/quote] Excel isn't a supporter as far as I'm aware, unless you're referring to someone else? [/quote] I'm not referring to anyone in particular, just the fact that myths about bitcoin get posted here and remain
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MoonShadow on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    [quote user="gotlucky"] So I think the point is that bitcoin lacks certain qualities that would make it commonly accepted. Certainly, if bitcoin were a commonly accepted indirect medium of exchange, it would be money. What is holding bitcoin back is that most people have no reason to use it as money. Most people have a reason to use fiat money
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MoonShadow on Wed, Jul 11 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    [quote user="Anenome"] [quote user="z1235"] [quote user="Malachi"]Seems to me, that people use whats available until something better comes along. I imagine a transition from one cryptocurrency to another would be a market event, just like any other. Some people make money, some lose money. Doesnt mean its somehow not money
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MoonShadow on Wed, Jul 11 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    [quote user="excel"] Except bitcoins can be effectively shut down by putting up enough transaction servers that do what you want, rather than what the bitcoin market wants to do (I believe it was Peter Surda who explained this), which is far more likely than finding and mining an asteroid with more gold than there exists in use in the world
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by MoonShadow on Wed, Jul 11 2012
  • Re: Peter Schiff interviews the Bitcoin Guy, Donald Norman

    I find it sad that even the Bitcoin advocates on this Austrian forum don't understand how bitcoin actually works.... [quote] It's is just computer code. It will get hacked especially if it claims to be producing wealth. They want regulation to legitimize what money peopl have investment in it. It is classic uncompetitive competition behavior
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by MoonShadow on Wed, Jul 11 2012
  • Re: How To Use Bitcoin – The Most Important Creation In The History Of Man

    More than a year on from OP, how is Bitcoin doing?
    Posted to General (Forum) by MoonShadow on Wed, Jul 11 2012
Page 3 of 15 (146 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options