  • Re: Small Bank Accepting & Transferring Gold & Silver Ounces as Currency?

    http://goldmoney.com/ Here's another site you may want to explore. Once you have established an account with this or a similar broker/bank it's no big stretch for them to issue debit cards making transfers easy. The problem now is gold and silver are commodities priced in dollars subject to wild price swings. If a gold currency caught on and
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Sat, Jan 15 2011
  • Re: Small Bank Accepting & Transferring Gold & Silver Ounces as Currency?

    I think it's a great idea. You may want to read this... http://www.lewrockwell.com/rozeff/rozeff339.html . The problem here is taxes you would be required to pay when converting back to fiat not to mention sales tax on whatever item you sell. With some creativity and no government meddling I think it's doable.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Jan 14 2011
  • Re: The Gold Standard

    The standard recommendation is to just let people use whatever they want as money. Wampum worked fine for the Indians, bottled water is doing nicely in parts of Iraq as we speak, maybe those little dollar bottles of whiskey are to be our future money. You're on the right track Dave. Those little dollar bottles of whiskey not only don't deteriorate
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Dec 24 2010
  • Re: The Gold Standard

    Sorry Neilso. I couldn't finish watching all that. I've heard it all a million times before in better english. Just more people telling you the problem with out offering a viable solution. It's fun to be able to say "I told you so", but there isn't much profit in it.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Dec 24 2010
  • Re: The Gold Standard

    "We" is not my problem. "We" is all our problem or possibly our solution. If I own property with commodity potential or proven resource. I need you to build my tractor mine my metals or refine my oil. We will all need a trusted form of currency to make our exchanges. If we can find a working solution to fiat money now,, we will be
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Dec 24 2010
  • Re: The Gold Standard

    Currency is the common denominator for all these exchanges. The free market shuts down without a trusted store of value. Not a solution. Show me the money.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Dec 24 2010
  • Re: The Gold Standard

    Money can only emerge in the market. You cannot plan it. This is fundamental Austrian insight So lets all sit on our hands and wait for the coming disaster. Something better will emerge from the dust and rubble. Yep good plan Lib. I'm still waiting for something to emerge on the site of the World Trade Center.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Dec 24 2010
  • Re: The Gold Standard

    "Countries" are bad. Get rid of Government paper. Bank currency with a commodity back stop. I get it. What I'm searching for is a working solution. A well thought solution detailing how to resurrect a working financial system after the present one implodes. A return to the gold standard? Nope. The numbers don't work. I don't care
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Fri, Dec 24 2010
  • Re: Food Terrorist Helped usher in Food Tyranny Bill

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6029056/senate_bill_510_creating_a_nation_of.html
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bill on Thu, Dec 23 2010
  • Re: The Gold Standard

    So you're saying that currency would function like a commodity based ETF. The underwriter or country would be required to hold a basket of commodities including gold to back their paper
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bill on Thu, Dec 23 2010
Page 4 of 14 (134 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options