  • Re: Who was the worst president?

    Byzantine, If you re-read my original post you'll see that I gave two set's of answers. The first set of answers, which included Harding, was judging Presidents more on standards outside of ideological judgements. So your second question is either misguided or simply an intentional strawman - because it is quite easy regardless of political
    Posted to General (Forum) by God of the Machine on Sun, Jan 6 2008
  • Re: Who was the worst president?

    A lot of us liberal/libertarian folks forget what the Harding Presidency was really all about. It was never really about minimal gov't, although after Wilson it's easy to confuse it as being so designed. Harding was a man of average ability that stumbled into a job he neither really wanted nor was prepared for. Sort of a Dubya for the last century
    Posted to General (Forum) by God of the Machine on Thu, Jan 3 2008
  • Re: Who was the worst president?

    Harding or Nixon have to be considered the worst, while trying to control for one's ideology. Without trying to control for one's ideological disposition, we gotta' say {WWI}lson, don't we???? LOL
    Posted to General (Forum) by God of the Machine on Thu, Jan 3 2008
  • Re: Minarchist? Anarchist? Other? Come identify yourself here

    Minarchist. Court system, police force, and a small standing army for self-defense are the only rightful activities of gov't. In real life though, I am much more willing to accept the mob's drive for redistributive action if it isn't specifically creating gov't monopolies to provide whatever good/service the mob is seeking at any given
    Posted to General (Forum) by God of the Machine on Tue, Jan 1 2008
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | More Search Options