  • Re: Aquifer rights

    Autolykos , I agree. I think that's the most reasonable solution. Clayton, currently many states resolve these issues through war, economic sanctions, or threats. The "free market" of ideas and conflict resolution mechanisms has brought us the almighty state and constant wars. Non monopolistic conflict resolutions between gangs in the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eugene on Sat, Dec 22 2012
  • Re: Aquifer rights

    Obviously government is not the answer. There are 3 options in free society to define property rights in aquifers: 1. Everyone can use the aquifer without limitation 2. You can own the entire aquifer 3. You own a specific supply of water from the aquifer My question is which definition is more to your liking.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eugene on Sat, Dec 22 2012
  • Re: Aquifer rights

    Bogart you didn't read the post. That was not my question.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eugene on Sat, Dec 22 2012
  • Aquifer rights

    Suppose a farmer uses water from an aquifer (stretching for 10 kms) for many years for his crop. Then comes a company which drains the entire aquifer (using a series of deep weels 10 kms away from the farm), leaving the farmer without water source at all. Do you think the company should have the right to drain the water from the aquifer or not? Did
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eugene on Fri, Dec 21 2012
  • Re: Did you vote?

    My concern is that in a decade or two when hopefully 10% of the public will be true libertarians, if we don't vote then, we will not be able to reduce government aggression. It is possible to affect democratically the government when you have big numbers, we know that. For example those people who elected Obama now got their Obamacare plan. Those
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eugene on Mon, Dec 17 2012
  • Did you vote?

    Did you vote in the general elections? Please explan your decision.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eugene on Mon, Dec 17 2012
  • Re: Blocking wireless communication - legal or not?

    What about the morse communication using flashlight case? Or what about weak radio transimission to the entire county which is easily blocked by basically any structure?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eugene on Mon, Dec 17 2012
  • Re: Blocking wireless communication - legal or not?

    But some communication can be blocked by anything. Does it mean that if I started such communication no one can build houses in a 100km radius?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eugene on Sat, Dec 15 2012
  • Blocking wireless communication - legal or not?

    Let's say you communicate with a person somewhere using some sort of wireless communication (radio, sound, light or anything else). Then someone builds a house on the way and blocks this communication. Can you sue them?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eugene on Sat, Dec 15 2012
  • Re: Destroying the view

    According to the homesteading theory If you walked in the forest or even picked flowers it doesn't mean you have ownership over the trees. So according to this theory the lumber company can still chop them down. But you wouldn't walk anymore in a deserted area, so your standard of living has decreased without compensation.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eugene on Sat, Dec 15 2012
Page 3 of 85 (850 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options