  • Re: Economic Theory

    Maybe the answer is what I think it is.... but how does he refer to himself as a Keynesian (does he?) while also admitting he does not know anything about economics?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Wed, Jun 6 2012
  • Re: Why Doesn't Stimulus Work?

    EmbraceLiberty – By asking whether stimulus “works” I assume you are asking whether stimulus “improves the economy” and by that I assume you are asking if stimulus causes the country who engages in such stimulus to have greater material wealth and standard of living. Humans can increase material wealth and standard of living
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Mon, Jun 4 2012
  • Hans Hoppe's new book "Competition of Crooks" - where can i buy this?

    I recently read an interview with Hans Hermann Hoppe about his new book “The Competition of Crooks." Does anyone know where I can purchase this book in English?
    Posted to General (Forum) by JH2011 on Fri, Jun 1 2012
  • lewrockwell.com - techinical issue

    Does anyone ever have the problem of going to lewrockwell.com and seeing that the site lists articles from a past date? This happens to me very frequently and I can't figure out how to access the most recent date. I've tried clearing my internet history, accessing the site from google, accessing the site by typing the url directly, and accessing
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Tue, Feb 21 2012
  • Resource for understanding calculation of economic indicators

    Does anyone know of a good source that explains exactly how popular economic indicators are calculated? I'm thinking of GDP, CPI, PPI, Imports, Exports, Trade Surpluses/Deficits, Jobless Claims, Unemployment, ISM Manufacturing Index, Construction Outlays, Housing Starts, Industrial Production, Bank Loan Surveys, Regional Fed Indices.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Thu, Feb 2 2012
  • Re: Will there be enough gold for a genuine gold standard?

    [quote] It's simple math. There is X amount of gold in the world and Y amount of dollars/euros/yuan. There are a lot more dollars/euros/yuan than there is gold. Do the ratios and the price (ie, the amount of a given currency needed to buy an ounce of gold) goes up. [/quote] Yes, that makes sense, but it wasn't my point. I agree with you, and
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Tue, Jan 24 2012
  • Re: Will there be enough gold for a genuine gold standard?

    [quote] The supply of gold doesn't matter, it's the ratio at which you peg the price that counts. [/quote] I agree with the first part right. It doesn't matter what the amount is. If money is a medium of exchange, it does not matter how much of it there is. [quote] So if we go to a gold standard, expect the price of gold to go up dramatically
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Mon, Jan 23 2012
  • Re: Will there be enough gold for a genuine gold standard?

    [quote] The answer is no. The amount of available already mined gold and gold that has not been mined is less than the global gross domestic product. [/quote] I'm not following. Why would this matter?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Mon, Jan 23 2012
  • Re: Will there be enough gold for a genuine gold standard?

    Rothbard's words from The Mystery of Banking . Consider the following: Apart from questions of distribution, an increase of consumer goods, or of productive resources, clearly confers a net social benefit. For consumer goods are consumed, used up, in the process of consumption, while capital and natural resources are used up in the process of production
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Mon, Jan 23 2012
  • Re: Excess Reserves of Depository Institutions

    Interesting. Smiling Dave, about your second point... If the banks are parking these excess reserves as the Fed, I wonder what the Fed's reaction will be if the banks begin to take this money from the Fed in order to make loans to businesses/individuals. Surely the Fed will realize that once this money goes from sitting at the Fed to being loaned
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by JH2011 on Thu, Jan 19 2012
Page 1 of 13 (130 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options