  • Re: Non property rights violations

    Competition hurts my business. Where are the feds when you need them? As I said in the last post, I'm not as sure on the defamation aspect (it was posted after your post though). I feel comparing competition with defamation is unfair however, seeing as competition is not based upon a lie. Competition is a fair way of destroying an opponent. Libel
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ThinkAnarchy on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • Re: Non property rights violations

    If someone planted a camera in your bedroom without your permission, they would have had to trespass onto your property to plant it there. Trespassing is illegal. Not necessarily, it could be placed by a sibling, roommate, or partner. Better yet, it could be placed by a father/mother who owns the entire property. As to a person in a dressing room. There
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ThinkAnarchy on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • Re: Non property rights violations

    Re: Principle 2. Privacy would seem to infringe on property rights. If someone is hiding camera's in your bedroom or even by an owner in his clothing shops dressing room, it would seem to violate your right over self ownership. Seeing as the individual did not give permission to videotape him/her nude. The person has a reasonable expectation of
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ThinkAnarchy on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • Re: Why does LRC defend/praise depraved “heroes”? Are there any better sites?

    I doubt you will find any site you agree with 100% The Rebecca Black article I agree was ridiculous, but he did say at the end he doubts the writer or singer had those thoughts or motivations. Most articles on LRC I enjoy and find informative, some I don't.
    Posted to General (Forum) by ThinkAnarchy on Fri, Apr 8 2011
  • Re: Anarcho-capitalism a contradiction?

    Private property can be upheld through contracts. Edit: There would still be private courts without the government that would hopefully uphold property rights, seeing as they (property rights) are based on contracts.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ThinkAnarchy on Fri, Mar 18 2011
  • Re: In defence of Unions

    Unions are often accused (almost to the extent of it being a cliche) of 'holding the public to ransom'. I would maintain that actually it is the corporate class that is being held to ransom - and justifiably so. The Unions power is facilitated purely by the government. Without government support, the workers would still have the option to strike
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ThinkAnarchy on Thu, Mar 17 2011
  • Re: A totally ridiculous thought

    I agree with most of what you had to say. Private roads along with defense were the two major problems I initially had with anarcho-capitalism. I forget where I heard this from, but I believe it was Dr. Block's book, "Privatization of Roads and Highways." One of the ways he suggested it would work is that businesses in a city would pay
    Posted to General (Forum) by ThinkAnarchy on Thu, Mar 17 2011
  • Re: Government Sponsored Scholarship

    I know some law schools allow you to begin taking law classes while still working towards your degree, and there may be some that only require some college, but I've never seen any good ones that don't require college. There may also be law schools that don't require you take the LSAT as part of their admission standards, but that likely

    @ Epicurus ibn Kalhoun It will not "destroy" the state. It will only strengthen it. You give it all the justification it needs to continue. You can not pay it back, they'll just throw you in prison to clean up roads and they will make the money back that way. The government has seen fit to allow bankruptcy on school loans now. So you can
    Posted to General (Forum) by ThinkAnarchy on Thu, Mar 17 2011
  • Re: Government Sponsored Scholarship

    @liberty student Ok, now we're getting somewhere. I don't think that is too unreasonable although it sounds like you are doing business for the use of stolen property. I'm not sure how you feel about that. Yes, it is technically doing business with the state. However, both of us through our actions, are legitimizing and doing business with
    Posted to General (Forum) by ThinkAnarchy on Thu, Mar 17 2011
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options