  • Re: US Government Interference with Iranian Government's Nuclear Desires

    "The government in Iran wants nuclear weapons." Says who? Last I heard, the Iranian government says they want nuclear energy. There are others who say Iran wants nuclear weapons. All sides have reasons to lie about the situation. Have you divined the truth? "Since the government in Iran is just as uncontrollable to the Iranian people
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Sun, Jan 16 2011
  • Re: Advantages of Fiat Currency?

    [quote user="aelephant"]but few resources that address its advantages[/quote] Advantages, for whom? Spending without taxing Increased state power Ease of war Transfer of wealth by stealth Incentive to submit to debt, benefiting creditors Erode savings, requiring continued work and / or dependence on the state Free raw materials for the banking
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Wed, Jan 12 2011
  • Re: Where is the Logical Fallacy?

    You continue to comment as if big means efficient and lowest cost. This is false on its face. You write as if you have only read text books. Have you worked for a large company to see how inefficient most are? Have you ever competed against one? Have you seen how they are so slow to react to new competitors? Do you read actual events in the news? Of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Thu, Jan 6 2011
  • Re: Could Rand Paul destroy the World?

    [quote user="Roban160"]what exactly will happen if the debt ceiling s not extended?[/quote] You can place the biggest wager that you want that this will not happen. They will increase the debt ceiling. But, for laughs, if they didn't increase it, they couldn't cut spending fast enough. So it wouldn't matter, they would spend anyway
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Wed, Jan 5 2011
  • Re: Where is the Logical Fallacy?

    [quote user="ravochol"] 1. In a free market economy, some win (retain profits) while others lose (go bankrupt) [/quote] Yes, some win and some lose. But the game is not zero sum. Beyond this, I do not understand the value of this statement. [quote user="ravochol"] "Winners" will find it easier to keep on winning, while
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Wed, Jan 5 2011
  • Re: What would likely be Hoppe's response to "Lincoln didn't even get 40% of the popular vote"

    [quote user="Statism is Crime"] As bad as democracy is, the one thing that you should absolutely not do is to refrain from voting.... I believe that, if anarchism is ever achieved, it will probably be achieved after we have enough anarchists to be able to win an election and even then, we will need a crisis to be able to win. [/quote] Change
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Mon, Jan 3 2011
  • Re: Michael Vick Should Be Executed?

    [quote user="JAlanKatz"] Meanwhile, Tucker loves people who abuse, torture, and kill humans... [/quote] Amen. The hypocrisy is too much.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Thu, Dec 30 2010
  • Re: The word "anarchy"

    A similar discussion at The Daily Bell today, coincidence? I will make my same post here as I did there, in reply to the suggestion to use "voluntarism" instead: @Mac "A satisfactory alternative...that accomplishes this goal is "voluntarism"." I would agree, this is a wonderful term and is quite descriptive. However, I
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Wed, Dec 29 2010
  • Re: "Public" employees

    [quote user="ImagesandWords"]Do "public" employees contribute to the economy at all since their paychecks are essentially just redistributed wealth? If so, how? If not, how (Would this be similar to "the broken window fallacy?)? [/quote] Most important question. Are you a fan of Dream Theater? On to your question. I would say
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Wed, Dec 29 2010
  • Re: Hitler and Democratic Elections

    Brian, you will have a hard time answering this question without calling into question the "facts" many of us have had spoon fed to us from our youth. As answered by some earlier, point to FDR, Truman, Lincoln, etc. You need look no further to get your answer. But try to explain that to any group you will speak to. Every democratically elected
    Posted to History (Forum) by bionic mosquito on Tue, Dec 28 2010
Page 1 of 2 (12 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options