  • Re: Autrian school and Silvio Gesell

    @jtimon Again you completely sidestepped my question. That's purely arbitrary numbers they say, he could have said a trillion just as well. You cannot trade meaningfully if you can trade things that you do not even possess. Listen, you seem to be a nice guy, but you have no idea what actually the problematic part is with those schemes you offer
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by skylien on Fri, Jul 13 2012
  • Re: Autrian school and Silvio Gesell

    I know Wörgl and the Chiemgauer, which is and was not money. It is/was always pegged to the official money and never stood on its own... Anyway I don't want to go into every point again. For the simplicity it should be suffice to go with this last example. So what exactly keeps B from offering 140? And A in turn from offering 160 and then B
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by skylien on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Autrian school and Silvio Gesell

    @ jtimon I just read another interesting article on the site you just linked and it really is quite horrible. Do you really believe what is written there ? "How does the Community Exchange System work? The object of the Community Exchange System (CES) is to facilitate trade without using our conventional national currencies, and build a sense of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by skylien on Tue, Jul 10 2012
  • Re: Autrian school and Silvio Gesell

    [quote user="jtimon"]Because gold-money (capital-money) has higher commerce costs than free money. That's the criterion of quality for money . Capital-money money also holds back prosperity by preventing capital yields to naturally drop near zero like other economic profits (through the basic interest that appears with money-capital) and
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by skylien on Tue, Jul 10 2012
  • Re: Autrian school and Silvio Gesell

    [quote user="jtimon"]That depends, I wouldn't chose precious metals as as store of value while they still have a monetary component on its value, because money can be demonetized. A symbolic (money) store of value is an illusion. It relies on the assumption that the quantity of money hoarded remains constant.[/quote] Uhm, this free money
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by skylien on Mon, Jul 9 2012
  • Re: Liberty Classroom

    I've only done history stuff so far, but it really is great! So yes it is worth it IMHO. I mean I was at the Ozzy and friends concert last week, which was nearly the same amount for only 3-4 hours entertainment with supports (Great concert by the way, although he had slight problems with his voice from a not completely cured cold). And this is a
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by skylien on Mon, Jul 9 2012
  • Re: Rawls and his "Veil of Ignorance"

    I am also no expert on Rawls so far. However everything I have heard and read was exactly about what you have described. And the problem really is what Aristippus says. Rawl's thought experiment assumes that in an egalitarian and capitalistic society would be the same amount of wealth, with the only difference of how it was spread. In so far as
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by skylien on Mon, Jul 9 2012
  • Re: Autrian school and Silvio Gesell

    [quote user="jtimon"]The fact that people exchange it for goods and services and doesn't hoard it to avoid the demurrage fee is the intended consequence of demurrage. People will spend it or lend it, but not hoard it. That will lower the interest rates of loans denominated in this currency. According to Gresham's law, people will tend
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by skylien on Mon, Jul 9 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    In case someone didn't bother to read my awefully long post (which I can fully understand) I can summarize it roughly with this: Monetary value is a bitch. @ Seraiah 1: There actually is a huge barrier of entry into the money market. It is quite a doozy to think otherwise. 2: You didn't say one word about why the process I explained above wouldn't
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by skylien on Sun, Jul 8 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    I have thought about a theory for some time now. I think it is quite relevant for BTC although at first I thought about it only in regard to Gold (If Gold would tend to be the sole money in a world which had a money market completely free of government intervention). It is a bit longer though: I have to define following terms first: Industrial value
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by skylien on Fri, Jul 6 2012
Page 4 of 29 (284 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options