  • Re: I'm kind of disappointed with a lot of moderate libertarians

    Would you like to provide some examples about these moderate libertarians, who "haven't fully thought about issues before advoating[sic] a role for the state"?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Loppu on Sat, Sep 29 2012
  • Re: Fiscal Multipliers Debunked?

    "Do I have to talk to economists about algebra? Algebra is algebra." I understand where you are coming from, but this isn't just a question about algebra, it's also about economics, as you are probably well aware of. I find it funny, if something so obvious has been ignored by the whole economic community for almost a hundred years
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Loppu on Sat, Sep 29 2012
  • Re: What are you reading?

    Ok, so there are books that cover the practical side of anarcho-capitalism from one end to the other. I'm referring to a books like For a New Liberty by Murray Rothbard. What do you think is the best book in this category? My question is pointed towards everybody.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Loppu on Sat, Sep 29 2012
  • Re: Not completely hopeless, we could build pyramids.

    "That way we can waste all of the money, provide no extra security and create a tourist destination for people 1200 years from now." This is exactly the problem with you selfish libertarians: you don't care about other people! Just think how nice it would be to have pyramid as a tourist destination near your own home. But instead of doing
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Loppu on Sat, Sep 29 2012
  • Re: Fiscal Multipliers Debunked?

    Have you talked to an actual economists about this stuff? If yes, what have they said? If no, then why not?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Loppu on Sat, Sep 29 2012
  • Re: Have you read the Machinery of Freedom? Your opinion?

    Mr. Friedman, may I ask what is your opinion about the Austrian business cycle theory? You don't have to give me an extensive answer. I would just like to know how many serious libertarians outside the Austrian school of economics actually accept it as a fact. I thank you for your answer beforehand. (I hope you can understand my English.) And I
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Loppu on Sat, Sep 29 2012
  • Re: Why do some Austrians claim to be Anti-State?

    There are people, who are against government intervention - because of ethical reasons, because of practical reasons or because of both - but who think that some services cannot be provided by market to the extent they need to. That's why they think you need government to provide these particular services. Of course they would be in favor of eliminating
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Loppu on Mon, Sep 17 2012
  • Re: Where could I find 'Lessons for the Young Economists?'

    I think John James got trolled.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Loppu on Tue, Jul 3 2012
  • Re: *** May 2012 low content thread ***

    Ok so you guys have probably heard about this before, in fact I think there's already a thread about this thing, so I'm not going to start a new thread. Instead I'm going to put this one here. Here's a link to a paper called "Did Affordable Housing Legislation Contribute to the Subprime Securities Boom?" http://research.stlouisfed
    Posted to General (Forum) by Loppu on Thu, May 24 2012
  • Re: *** April 2012 low content thread ***

    Greenghost2008 made a couple of videos talking about his left libertarian world view. Here are parts one and two. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNPo_8gQVs&feature=plcp&context=C4d282a6VDvjVQa1PpcFNuddhajtD5w_9fWruH239J-jbBnNxZsLQ%3D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbJ5JUsKxx8&feature=plcp&context=C48403aaVDvjVQa1PpcFNuddhajtD5w_DU4kA44QHz7WDXEw0ajyE
    Posted to General (Forum) by Loppu on Fri, Apr 13 2012
Page 4 of 7 (70 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options