  • Re: Beltway libertarian?

    [quote user="J.C. Hewitt"] No, it's because the act of voting violates the NAP. By rendering legitimacy on the state, you become complicit in its crimes. As Molyneux repeatedly points out, no one cares that the libertarian positions on economics and government are largely correct. People dedicated to the promotion of evil aren't going
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Philosophickle on Sat, Jan 19 2008
  • Re: Beltway libertarian?

    [quote user="Brainpolice"]Because the political process and the internal nature of the state is simply inefficient as a means for reducing political power. Think the calculation problem and apply it to the political process itself. There's also an institutional problem of the fact that those who constitute the state have vested interests
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Philosophickle on Sat, Jan 19 2008
  • Re: Mises' Argument against the existence of God

    [quote user="HeroicLife"]Is that really Aristotle? In Atlas Shrugged , Rand says "I am, therefore I'll think" [/quote] Aristotle is usually associated with naive empiricism, whereas Descartes is the father of Platonic rationalism. Whoever said it, it is Aristotelian.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Philosophickle on Sat, Jan 19 2008
  • Re: Beltway libertarian?

    [quote user="Brainpolice"]The difference is that if I do not pay my taxes I am threatened with exile and kidnapped at gunpoint. That is not the case if I don't vote (unless you live in, say, Austrialia where voting in fact is compulsory). Why conflate the difference between that which is compulsory and that which is not?[/quote] At least
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Philosophickle on Sat, Jan 19 2008
  • Re: Beltway libertarian?

    [quote user="Brainpolice"]It's not a question of prefering Ron Paul over other canidates. He unquestionably is better then all of the rest. It's a question of wether or not it is sensible to support any canidate and actively involve oneself in the political process.[/quote] You are involved in the political process, more or less. You
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Philosophickle on Sat, Jan 19 2008
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | More Search Options