  • Re: Why Aliens (Probably) Can't Communicate with Earth People Telepathically (and why that sucks)

    Doubting the capabilities of alien technology is pretty unwise. Telepathic communication with, and controlling the thoughts of, humans is easily conceivable. Simply expose the human to a miasma of nanobots which burrow into the brain and transmit minute electrical signals at a precise frequency, consume organic substances to generate energy, and synthesize
    Posted to General (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Wed, Mar 2 2011
  • Re: Israeli central bank buys dollars

    "Israel's foreign currency reserves at the Bank of Israel had climbed to roughly $70 billion. Last year it bought $10 billion worth of foreign currency" That's a total of about $10,000 per Israeli resident.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Fri, Feb 11 2011
  • Re: What is immoral about taxation?

    " I have always said that I am in favor of a minimum income for every person in the country. " - Hayek Yes, clearly Hayek was in favor of government welfare assistance (and thus taxation). I'm guessing Mises, especially Rothbard, and maybe Hazlitt would be opposed to that. Austrian Economics is wertfrei, so I guess Hayek could be an Austrian
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Wed, Feb 9 2011
  • Re: What is immoral about taxation?

    I don't support it, but some Austrian economists do support welfare assistance. From Hayek's Road To Serfdom: " Nor is there any reason why the state should not assist the individuals in providing for those common hazards of life against which, because of their uncertainty, few individuals can make adequate provision. Where, as in the case
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Wed, Feb 9 2011
  • Re: What is immoral about taxation?

    >Also this is a ridiculous example. This is never what the State does. It steals billions of dollars to bomb starving children. Pictures here (somewhat shocking): http://www.google.com/images?q=depleted+uranium
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Wed, Feb 9 2011
  • Re: Are Non-Misesian Austrians Too Lazy or Too Statist?

    " not on anything of substance said Bourdeux actually said " I thought he said "snooze" to Human Action.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Tue, Feb 8 2011
  • Re: Are Non-Misesian Austrians Too Lazy or Too Statist?

    "Isaac "Izzy" Marmolejo wrote the following post at 02-06-2011 11:40 PM: I disagree with Hayek's conclusions on many things but the Hayekian frame work can clearly be just as radical as a Miseian framework or a Rothbardian framework " Are you implying it's good to be radical for its own sake? Also, what is radical about Mises
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Tue, Feb 8 2011
  • Re: Israel

    > I ask all of you - does Israel's elite education system create its best innovations You aren't even providing emperical data. You are providing mere anecdotes. And your anecdotes conflict with the point you are trying to make: you said US created even MORE innovations than Israel. And I would call US education opposite of "elite"
    Posted to General (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Tue, Jan 25 2011
  • Re: Why Are Liberals Liberals?

    >David, do you believe that God exists in a state of perfection? Hmmm... If it were true, then there must be an infinite number of universes. Because a God that created (N + 1) unverses, would surely be more perfect than an inferior God that only created N universes.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Tue, Jan 25 2011
  • Re: Why Are Liberals Liberals?

    > we don't know enough about the structure of our universe, the nature of human conciousness, or the laws of physics to make such a statement that it is a priori that this infinite being exists How do you know it's an infinite being? How do you know it's one being? If it turns out that the God you worship currently has its own Ubergod
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Dr. Acula on Tue, Jan 25 2011
Page 1 of 3 (27 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options