  • Re: I have run out of mises.org media. :(

    I thought i'd use this thread to thank the Mises Institute for all the uploaded audio content, as well as the streaming audio during things like the ASC. Such a wealth of education in audio form has been instrumental in sparking my interest in Austrian Economics, so i can't thank you enough.
    Posted to General (Forum) by nje5019 on Mon, Mar 24 2008
  • Re: Libertarianism and Science

    I think a lot of those things still have potential and people will see profit opportunities in them (for example: researching quantum physics for quantum computing, etc).
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by nje5019 on Sun, Mar 23 2008
  • Re: Laws against competing currencies.

    yeah, i'm aware it was raided, but at the same time they appear to still be in business and serving customers. They're still selling liberty dollars and there's even a registry on the website of companies that accept the currency. On the website it says: WHAT DO THE AUTHORITIES THINK? Well, the Federal Reserve, the U.S. Treasury Bureau of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by nje5019 on Fri, Mar 21 2008
  • Laws against competing currencies.

    Does anyone know of any law in existence that forbids a private individual or organization from releasing their own paper currency? I ask because i've been doing research and the only thing i could find was http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/usc_sec_18_00000486----000-.html: Sec. 486. Uttering coins of gold, silver or other metal Whoever, except
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by nje5019 on Fri, Mar 21 2008
  • Re: FDIC

    It's a means for bailing out failing banks at the taxpayers' expense. Calling it "insurance" is definitely a fraud.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by nje5019 on Thu, Mar 20 2008
  • Re: Ron Paul & monetary crank supporting him

    If you don't mind, could you give a brief summary (or at least a general idea of what griffin got wrong) of the crankery in Jekyll Island? It was the book i read that got me interested in economics in the first place so i wouldn't want my knowledge to be based on false assumptions. Thanks!
    Posted to History (Forum) by nje5019 on Mon, Feb 25 2008
  • Re: Lowering Taxes

    Ah wow that's simple, thanks for the quick and easy to understand response.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by nje5019 on Mon, Feb 18 2008
  • Lowering Taxes

    Hello all, i'm just starting my economics education and i'm sure this question is easy to answer but i'm having a bit of trouble with it so i thought i could find some help. A friend of mine argues that lowering taxes is a bad idea because more money in the hands of the people means they will spend more and prices will rise faster (more
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by nje5019 on Mon, Feb 18 2008
Page 15 of 15 (148 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 | More Search Options