  • How would you respond to this?

    Anarchy isn't easy? No, but it's dangerous. Someone has to be in charge of the anarchists and they don't like that much. In the end, anarchy turns on itself and the strongest, most brutal anarchist becomes the dictator or king.
    Posted to General (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Sat, May 5 2012
  • Re: Does speculation raise gas prices?

    "while demand rose supply kept pace" How in thw world is it possible to measure this? I would really like to know how to calculate it so I can be the richest man in the universe.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Sun, Apr 22 2012
  • Re: Did I miss anything?

    Here is the response I got back, you guys are going to have a field day with this: The law of supply and demand is irreparably compromised when the consumer cannot accurately value the goods or services being offered. Further, it is difficult for the consumer to be a rational actor when, as in the case of health care, th e motivation is, effectively
    Posted to General (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Mon, Apr 16 2012
  • Did I miss anything?

    So I linked this story to one of my favorite statists. http://reason.com/archives/2012/04/12/can-government-do-anything-well After the strawman and an ad hominem I got this response: In highly technical or complex fields affecting the welfare of a society, the free market cannot be relied upon. A free market only operates efficiently if the consumer
    Posted to General (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Mon, Apr 16 2012
  • Re: The "right price"

    Reminds of the current lefty meme about speculators causing the price of a barrel of oil to me $X higher than it otherwise would be. I want to see the mathematical proof when I hear people talking such nonsense as a price is too high or some perentage of the price is caused by Y.
    Posted to General (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Sun, Apr 15 2012
  • Re: Primal diet/lifestyle thread

    Get up. Dust off your knees. Give it another go. It was shortly after this thread began that I gave up the grains. The changes have been noticable. I have not felt this good in years.
    Posted to General (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Fri, Apr 6 2012
  • Anyone seen a response to Krugmans OpEd "Not Enough Inflation" ?

    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/06/opinion/krugman-not-enough-inflation.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20120406 Is it correct that at the most base level he is committing the quantity of money fallacy? If what he is saying is true, then why not hand out a trillion dollars to every man woman and child in the country? That way no one
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Fri, Apr 6 2012
  • "The world has changed"

    This is a rather common retort from non-thinkers. The premise is that way back when America was founded the world was such a different place and tht whatever may have been an appropriate foreign policy then is ludicris now. What are some good counters to this line of bs?
    Posted to General (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Tue, Feb 28 2012
  • Re: Oh no! Proudhon said "Property is theft"!

    Some organization has to declare an area to be the commons before the tragedy occurs. It is not a problem of organization as he claims.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Tue, Feb 21 2012
  • Re: Luddite on Reddit - please comment!

    Who is going to build and maintain all these robots?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by TANSTAAFL on Sat, Feb 18 2012
Page 1 of 19 (185 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options