  • Re: For fruitful online discussion

    I don't see why "we" should stop using labels. Anyone can call themselves whatever it is they want. I don't think I should let labels take over my mind or life. After all, I have a lot of labels. I'm my parent's son, my sister's brother, I'm a university student etc.. Many like to call themselves libertarians , when
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Sat, Mar 26 2011
  • Re: Care to Take the "Venus Project Challenge"?

    That was funny, amazing. I wonder what valject thinks of this lol.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Drew on Sat, Mar 26 2011
  • Re: Live Blogging

    I didn't know Glenn Beck was a libertarian.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Sat, Mar 26 2011
  • Re: Why does Lew Rockwell turn down invitations?

    [quote]I don't feel the need to provide 'evidence' of the obvious to religious prosthyletizers. Once again, I have better ways to waste my time. This is why I can't stand most libertarians. You're just another religious creed, like the liberals and the Muslims. By some accident of history you got your hands on some good economics
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Sat, Mar 26 2011
  • Re: Why does Lew Rockwell turn down invitations?

    [quote user="bramElias"] Being a libertarian isn't about spreading the word and try to convince everyone to be free.[/quote] Don't you have to do that when everyone else is convincing you otherwise?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Fri, Mar 25 2011
  • Re: Why does Lew Rockwell turn down invitations?

    [quote]I don't care if others agree with my thoughts or not. All I care about is living my own life. I do not believe my preferred political outcome will ever be a reality. But it is fun to discuss such a hypothetical scenario with intellectuals such as the ones over here.[/quote] That's pretty much it, I doubt any libertarians are out there

    @gocrew I happen to realize that I agree with you. I find that when I'm not hostile or arrogant when I share my views, people listen to me and actually try to understand me. I hate to be like that, I happen to be very idealistic but some people are just hopeless. see here http://mises.org/Community/forums/p/23045/402430.aspx#402430
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Fri, Mar 25 2011
  • Re: Why does Lew Rockwell turn down invitations?

    [quote user="gocrew"]BUT... you exposed them to new ideas. The first step in converting someone is exposing them to your ideas. [/quote] Take the "Education is a right not a merchandise", sounds awfully poetic doesn't it? I ask questions like " Is free education a right even for those who pay taxes?". Sadly, all I get
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Fri, Mar 25 2011
  • Re: Why does Lew Rockwell turn down invitations?

    [quote]I think this idea of intellectual determinism is asinine. I wasn't born an anarcho-capitalist and I've never met one. I don't buy into the idea I'm some variation of a genotype - that's some sort of mastubatory nonsense.[/quote] Neither do I, but then again, he does make a point. Either way, it doesn't mean anything.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Fri, Mar 25 2011
  • Re: Why does Lew Rockwell turn down invitations?

    [quote user="Ricky James Moore II"]Yes, and the more educated they are the stupider they become. Most human beings hardly deserve the name. They are individuals only in the most technical sense. Their true nature is as a repository for the replication of genes and memes; and they will never be anything else. The political problem and the radical
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Fri, Mar 25 2011
Page 4 of 40 (393 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options