  • Re: Why does Lew Rockwell turn down invitations?

    [quote user="gocrew"]And how can we be certain that it is a waste of time?[/quote] Well, there are already many sources on the internet that can help people understand the libertarian point of view. I personally think sharing my views with others is quite nice, Lew probably has his own reasons. If you are used to talking to people who share
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Fri, Mar 25 2011
  • Re: Why does Lew Rockwell turn down invitations?

    I imagine, Lew isn't interested in wasting his time.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Drew on Fri, Mar 25 2011
  • Re: Some Dumb Questions :P

    [quote user="ladyphoenix"]I can't say any such arguments have or have not occurred in this thread, or any thread for that matter. I haven't read any. But the challenge wasn't "bring me some argument that was already made..." it was "present an argument." If you want someone to present an argument, I've offered
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Drew on Thu, Mar 24 2011
  • Re: Some Dumb Questions :P

    [quote user="ladyphoenix"] [quote user="Drew"]Clayton and Micah were talking about murdering psychopaths and "prison for profit".[/quote]So you're not really interested in the argumentation of those who oppose the idea of murdering psychopaths and forcible enslavement of "criminals?" That challenge was rhetorical
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Drew on Thu, Mar 24 2011
  • Re: Some Dumb Questions :P

    [quote]Let's see what I can muster here. :) Here, you're agreeing with the idea that people who commit "crimes" should be enslaved until their "debt" is paid. Right? Could you define "crime" and "debt" for me? So I know specifically what I'm trying to counter here... :)[/quote] Clayton and Micah were
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Drew on Thu, Mar 24 2011
  • Re: Some Dumb Questions :P

    [quote]I'll do whatever I dare, tyvm. The question; is murder a significant justification for legally sanctioned killing? Answer yes (according to some other than myself). So I point out that in some communities abortion and/or mastiurbation are considered murder... are you going to force your pro-choice beliefs on them? If you don't see how
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Drew on Thu, Mar 24 2011
  • Re: Some Dumb Questions :P

    [quote]It does logically follow from the argument, so your attempt to just throw out fallacies, frankly, is incorrect. In some communities (certainly not one I would want to live in) aborters and/or masturbators would be criminals.. more specifically, murderers. It's capital punishment for them, according to the argument.[/quote] WRONG!!! Try again
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Drew on Wed, Mar 23 2011
  • Re: Anyone having trouble with W.S.Jevons ebook?

    Had the same problem and I just reinstalled adobe reader. http://mises.org/books/lessons_in_logic_jevons.pdf Tell me if that works.
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by Drew on Wed, Mar 23 2011
  • Re: Some Dumb Questions :P

    [quote]I am not suggesting that an individual has to be free in order to make money. Once a person commits a crime I believe it is reasonable to enslave them until their debt is paid. For a white collar criminal (i.e.: fraud) this may mean nothing more than a tracking anklet and a desk job. For a serial killer this may be full restraints and usage as
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Drew on Wed, Mar 23 2011
  • Re: Some Dumb Questions :P

    I agree, it would be wise to show alternatives rather then counter-productive arguments. The whole idea that prisons are immoral or worse "prison for profit" Then the idea that I wouldn't act the same way if I was the one on trial is silly. You have no idea how I would act on trial. Epicurus or Lao, whatever he fancies himself, should
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Drew on Wed, Mar 23 2011
Page 5 of 40 (393 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options