  • Re: 9/11 Conspiracy

    Hello, This discussion so far is very interesting. I just have a question for Len Budney and all those who dismiss the revisionists. Do you have any particular theory yourselves as to how and by whom the 9/11 acts were perpetrated? I'm curious to know if you're only dismissing particular alternative theories such as the Thermate theory or any
    Posted to History (Forum) by A-R on Sat, May 17 2008
  • Re: Is a calapse inevitable?

    [quote user="maxpot46"] It's not the end of the story. Block and Barnett state explicitly that they are challenging the mainstream Austrian view, which is properly described in previous posts in this thread. I have my own criticisms of this paper. For one, they are thinking collectively when they state that the Mises/Rothbard position
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A-R on Sat, May 17 2008
  • Re: Is a calapse inevitable?

    [quote user="histhasthai"]Of course. Yet it is valid to talk of an aggregate demand. It may not be strictly measurable, but it exists, and we can talk about it increasing or decreasing in broad strokes. The discussion was about if demand for money - not relative to other commodities, but qua money for the purpose it serves - increases, for
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A-R on Fri, May 16 2008
  • Re: Is a calapse inevitable?

    [quote user="histhasthai"] [quote user="A-R"]The trap "histhasthai" is falling into is his blatent misuse of the term "deflation". Deflation is a decrease in the physical quantity of the money supply, not a decrease in prices of goods. Prices of goods can fall for many reasons, just one of which is deflation.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A-R on Thu, May 15 2008
  • Re: Is a calapse inevitable?

    [quote user="histhasthai"]A growing economy - more people, more activity - requires a growing money supply, just as a growing population requires a growing food supply.[/quote] Indeed, a "growing" economy would tend to lead to "increased" demand for money and would require that the value of the money stock adjust accordingly
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A-R on Thu, May 15 2008
  • Re: What stocks to invest in now?

    BlackSheep, You're right about central banks holding much of the world's gold. Even so: what they own, they can only sell once; whereas they can double the amount of fiat in existence again and again. I mentioned gold because the transaction and storage costs are lowest. Silver is a great alternative currency (for us poor men) since very little
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A-R on Tue, May 13 2008
  • Re: What stocks to invest in now?

    [quote user="BlackSheep"]I'm not sure what the strongest currencies are, but I think that they include the Swiss Franc, the Australian Dollar, the New Zealand Dollar and the Singapore Dollar.[/quote] If all you want is something to keep under the mattress as a hedge for inflation, then Gold is the strongest currency of all. You can probably
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A-R on Sun, May 11 2008
  • Re: The right to have sex - at what age?

    Len, I would concede that in the case of murder, and perhaps total and permanent incapacitation, an self-declared agent of the victim would be in a legitimate position to make claims on the behalf of the victim. [quote user="Len Budney"]In the case of child abuse, things get tricker: a child can be groomed to say almost anything, including
    Posted to General (Forum) by A-R on Fri, May 9 2008
  • Re: The right to have sex - at what age?

    Isn't the question of whether or not a child/individual has been abused one that can only be answered by the child/individual themselves? If someone has "consensual" sex with a 18 yr old, 12 yr old, 8yr old or whatever age child, or likewise an individual impaired due to drugs, coma, etc, they are placing themselves in a position where
    Posted to General (Forum) by A-R on Fri, May 9 2008
  • Re: How much profit is too much profit?

    [quote user="Aristotle100"] Now as for this post, there is no such thing as too much profit. I think we all agree on that. If we didn't I highly doubt we all would be on this forum lol. [/quote] There is something as too much profit: any profit derived from state privilege, or through coercive means in general. I'm usually sympathetic
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by A-R on Sun, May 4 2008
Page 2 of 5 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | More Search Options