  • Re: Pricing Transparency

    Is it to this extent? Does the government have a right to promote transparent markets and rid them of information asymmetry?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tuneman on Tue, Mar 9 2010
  • Pricing Transparency

    Can transparent pricing ever help the seller of a good? I know the argument is often used that it helps benefit consumers, but is it possible to could benefit the producer? I guess it could benefit the producer's that have already relatively lower prices? Any thoughts?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tuneman on Tue, Mar 9 2010
  • Re: Is wealth created under the gold standard?

    what are some good books about the gold standard
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tuneman on Thu, Feb 11 2010
  • Is wealth created under the gold standard?

    This may be a stupid question for some, but I am having a hard time grasping how wealth is created and destroyed when you have a fix amount of a commodity. Can the total value of assets increase?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tuneman on Thu, Feb 11 2010
  • Fantastic Health Care Video

    This is from a debate on health care with Richard Epstein, who seems to have an unparalleled grasp on the topic, and some lady who doesn't know shit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIfsGL_2Zo8 His arguments are extremely impressive.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Tuneman on Mon, Dec 21 2009
  • Re: Micro Finance

    These articles, especially the first one, really do not make a coherent argument... The first one's rhetoric is even suprisingly close to the left's "let's hate bankers" attitutde: "effect of the Grameen strategy has not been to reduce poverty but only to create a debt trap for borrowers, who are being charged very high rates
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tuneman on Tue, Dec 15 2009
  • Re: Micro Finance

    What exactly do you mean by corporatist & mercantilist? What is wrong with coporations?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tuneman on Tue, Dec 15 2009
  • Savings and Loan

    What do you believe were the causes of this scandal? It looks like the inability to charge S&L banks different amounts for deposit insurance, depending on how risky the loan was, led to shitty lending practices... Also what exactly is regulation Q? I read this attempt at price fixing helped cause the S&L scandal, but I couldn't understand
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tuneman on Tue, Dec 15 2009
  • Re: Paul Samuelson has died

    Oh cmon that is rediculous. He never put a gun to anyone's head saying adopt these policies. I believe that he believed in what he argued, so I cannot blame him for trying. However, people like FDR all the way through Obama, I do criticize.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tuneman on Mon, Dec 14 2009
  • Micro Finance

    I was wondering if anyone had studied this topic before. Speciifcally its results. The practice itself seems logical enough as it is simply a small scale loan. Any views on this as a cure to underdeveloped areas? I know this isn't the traditional big govt. vs. small govt question, so no need to remind me what kinda forum I'm in. However I do
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tuneman on Mon, Dec 14 2009
Page 1 of 6 (57 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options