  • Re: Tragedy of the Commons

    Well one example can be the depletion of coral reefs in Jamaica. When a hurricane strikes it can destroy part of a reef environment which is then colonized by Macroalgae. Because of the large increases in selective spear fishing by locals, herbivore species have been in rapid decline. These fish would have kept the Marcoalgae colonization of destroyed
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Mocky on Sun, Mar 13 2011
  • Re: An Anarchist critique of Anarcho-Statism:'Anarcho'-Capitalism and Anarchism.

    @ Phaedros I think he says private property and a State are not mutually exclusive concepts. The distintion between the two don't exist for him.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mocky on Wed, Mar 2 2011
  • Re: An Anarchist critique of Anarcho-Statism:'Anarcho'-Capitalism and Anarchism.

    The basic point is private property leads to the formation of a State. It depends upon the rules governing property say if we are using Lockian principles then someone can own something regardless of whether they use it. I'm for active-use as a requirement for "owning" certain forms of property such as farm land. I also think that people
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mocky on Sun, Feb 27 2011
  • Re: Is 'Anarcho'-Capitalism a type of Anarchism?

    I get the jist of his argument. The FAQ states that, " Anarcho Capitalism" does apply to the dictionary definition of the term "Anarchism," and the author thinks that is a misleading distinction. He says that Anarchism as an ideology which both rejects the state and all forms of hierarchy, which will include capitalism. To that degree
    Posted to General (Forum) by Mocky on Sun, Feb 27 2011
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | More Search Options